What Is Your Favorite Holiday Film?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by prose • Nov 29, 2015.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a favorite Christmas or holiday movie, one that you watch nearly every year? We have a small collection of Christmas movies, and now that December is approaching, we will start watching Christmas movies every so often throughout the month. My all time favorite Christmas movie is the classic, It's a Wonderful Life. I could watch that movie all year long and not get sick of it. Some other family favorites that we watch each year include A Christmas Story, White Christmas, Christmas Vacation, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Scrooged, A Christmas Carol, and The Year Without a Santa Claus.

What are some of your favorite Christmas or holiday movies? When will you start watching Christmas movies?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still haven't outgrown Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, not exactly holiday type movies. But for whatever reason, when I was growing up, we used to watch them all the time. I have since made it a tradition of my own, I just love those movies. I also like to watch The Office UK and Extras back to back. Typical Christmas movies bore me and I never watch them.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh I start watching Christmas movies and decorating right after Thanksgiving lol (I'm in Canada, so it was already ages ago). My yearly go-tos are Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, A Miracle On 34th Street (original), A Christmas Story, Scrooged, Gremlins lol, The Santa Claus, Christmas Vacation!, Polar Express, Any version of A Christmas Carol, Home Alone, How the Grinch Stole Christmas...

Forget it, I change my answer to all of them lol.

There are new ones coming out too, so I'll be adding to the list I'm sure.. and I love me some good scary Christmas movies as well. Think there's a new one of those coming out this year as well :)

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the old films because there is little violence and reminds me of an era where things were so much more simple. I do like 'The Wizard of Oz', 'A Wonderful Life', 'White Christmas', and Disney cartoons. Winnie the Pooh is the best, you can watch that and things always seem better.

Sadly, there aren't that many contemporary Christmas movies that I like, but I guess they aren't as profitable.

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I met when Die Hard was released. We both loved it and have been watching it for years on Christmas Day. My other favorites are the Wizard of Oz and Charlie Brown's Christmas. My husband tries to get me to watch It's A Wonderful Life but I always fall asleep on it.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love many of the ones listed. I also enjoy a few newer ones. I am hanging onto cable through Christmas, at least, so I will have ABC Family, Hallmark/HMM, and also UP. They have a lot of good ones, but not necessarily ones I will want to watch over and over. Holiday in Handcuffs is one I am rewatching this year, and I just purchased one of my favorites that I would also watch at other times of the year because I enjoy it so much, it's

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Like Prose my Mother's Favorite Christmas program is It's A Wonderful Life. My favorite program since I was a little girl is A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I love the musical version too of A Christmas Carol. From the black and white A Christmas Carol to the newest musical version if it was on at different times I'd try to see all of them for Christmas.

8. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the version of the Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim is my favorite christmas movie Oh and Home Alone that is a great one..There are a lot of good ones. I once decided I was going to start a collection of Christmas movies. That was a mistake the first one I picked was so sad I was I was crying my eyes out. That was the end to my Christmas movie collecting right there.

9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a list of favorite holiday films in the past, but it went away with the turn of the century, and probably because online activities and findings came into my life to substitute old-time customs.

However I still like to watch Scrooged, or very old Christmas-related movies, mainly from the 1940s/1950s, and I don't longer watch seasonal TV shows either.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a Wonderful Life is one of my favorites. I have been looking at Christmas movies since Thanksgiving Day on tv. Some of them are really cute. I saw Scrooged last week.

11. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I love the classic Home Alone films, these movies never get old! It's the perfect film for the family to sit through and enjoy during the holidays. The feeling of being cocooned in your own home with the entire family, enjoying a movie together with the snow falling outside, is a heartwarming picture.