What is your favorite hotel?

Discussion in Travel started by Isabellas2007 • Apr 23, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I know everyone tends to have a favorite hotel they stay in. However, I am curious what everyone likes to stay in? I know for me I only travel to Gatlinburg TN and it has been a couple of years since I went to the location. I tend to stay in the private owned hotels because they are cleaner in my experiences. Any ideas on where people will be staying at compared to the other normal locations they are at?

2. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    When I travel, I like to stay at Marriott Hotels. There are places affiliated with Marriott like the Fairfield Inn. I am signed up for the Marriott Rewards Program. I earn points for airline miles or for staying at Marriott hotels. Last summer, I had enough points to stay three nights at a Marriott in the Seattle area. I can always count on Marriott to have high standards. Some of their places include a breakfast with the night's stay. I have never had a bad experience staying at a Marriott. I am sure that there are places near or in Gatlinburg, TN that are part of the Marriott Hotel chain.

3. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I like the Marriott Hotels too. Fairfield Inn is great. I stayed in one in Charleston, SC for the first time last year, and it seemed so much nicer than most hotels of that price.

When I need a super cheap place, Days Inn is decent, or it has been in the areas where I've stayed.

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    My husband actually used to work for a Fairfield Inn. It was rather nice because the employees get HUGE discounts on rooms. I know if we ever stayed at the hotel he worked in they would comp the room. Even traveling to popular travel destinations the employee pricing was usually a third of what you see on the Internet or anywhere else. A 4 star resort would have cost us a hundred a night, but without those discounts would have been over six hundred a night!

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually don't have a huge preference. I've stayed in quite a few different hotels and some of them have been absolute dives...while others were amazing, well above the quality I would expect for the price I paid. If I had to absolutely pick a chain name, I'd go with Marriott, but they tend to be really expensive, too.

6. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    Hampton and Hilton Garden. My husband travels a lot for work and has the Hampton awards programs. They're very generous with upgrades, when available, and try to honor request such as being away from the elevator or preference for specific floors. But every city is different, with every chain, and sometimes you just don't know how you'll be treated!

7. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    We stay at wherever we can afford usually. We don't travel too much. Last time I traveled anywhere was for a college visit, and we stayed at a Quality Inn. However, our bigger trips are more planned out. A couple years ago I went to Nashville and stayed at a Hilton & Gaylord Opryland Hotel (IT WAS AMAZING!!!).

8. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have much of a preference. As long as it is clean and has all the anemities I need such as fridge, breakfast, stuff like that, I'm good. I do always check the reviews though before booking a hotel.

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    No preference here. As long as the hotel is clean, has a little cooler and is not too far from where we will be at its ok by me.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    One of the most cost effective places I ever stayed was a suite hotel in Burlington, MA. It was absolutely huge, with a king sized bed and a huge bathtub, and because it was a suite with a full kitchen, we saved an awful lot of money on food. That was a super romantic getaway with my then-husband, and it was about $109 a night.

On the flip side, the second most cost effective place I stayed was a little run-down motel in San Diego, CA. I was staying alone and didn't need anything more than a safe place to sleep, so I didn't aim high. There were really no amenities to speak of (I had to share a bathroom with the other people on my floor, for instance), but there was a fridge, a tv, and a microwave, and it was only $27 a night.

11. mommy0906

mommy0906New Member

Threads:
    I recently came back from a trip to ElSalvador and I stayed in a hotel called the Decameron. It was one of the most amazing places I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. I was treated to a wonderfully clean and cozy room, with a king sized bed, a queen sized bed and a double futon. I had a beautiful balcony with a great view of the green grounds, tons of flowers and the ocean just outside the pool area. One of the pools was actually a tidal pool. It has a wall all around it but when the tide came in, the pool filled up (and stayed that way) with the warmest and cleanest water I have ever had the pleasure of swimming in. I loved looking at all the wonderful wild life that was everywhere, it was like being in paradise. I didn't want to leave. The people were so friendly and they made the trip that much better. I would love to go again and my husband and I are currently making plans to go back next year.

12. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I really like the Hilton hotels. They are always very neat and clean and the staff is very professional. The prices are a little higher than most hotels but to me the price is worth it for the quality of the stay.