What is your favorite kind of cheese?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by jneanz • Aug 15, 2014.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I have an illness that requires I get plenty of protein. This has led me to try many different types of cheeses. At one time, I was faithful to sharp cheddar and pepper jack but here are some new ones I have discovered -

carmelized onion jack
    horseradish cheddar
    chipotle jack
    muenster
    jalapeno cheddar
    smoked gouda

There's also a cheddar with tons of red peppers in it and its a smooth texture.

I know it can be fatty but it's soooo good.Mmmmm!

2. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    I love cheese something fierce lol. My favorites are mozzarella, cheddar, colby jack, provolone, meunster and smoked cheddar. Yummy. I can honestly say I could live off of cheese. I can eat a whole block in one sitting lol.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I also love cheese especially the mozarella, cheddar and the spreadable kind with pimiento (yum:D). Cheese is my main source of calcium as I cannot tolerate drinking milk and I think cheese is the next big thing when it comes to calcium source. :)

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I love cheese too, sometimes for dinner I will just have some different cheeses and a few crackers and grapes. My favorites are sharp cheddar and gouda. I also like goat cheese, but I prefer that in very small servings and generally in a salad.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love cheese but I keep it simple. Extra Sharped cheddar is my favorite. I also like swiss cheese for sandwiches.

What type cheese do you use to make your macaroni and cheese?

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only tasted Cheddar, Mozarella, and Raclette cheese, and I certainly don't like how Raclette tastes and smells like. So I would have to say that currently, my fave type of cheese are the other 2 kinds that I have just mentioned.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I honestly like the processed cheese you could get at the grocery store, and as much as I'd like to try more varieties unfortunately we don't have cheese stores here so I'm limited to the packaged ones I can get in supermarkets. Other favorites of mine are Philadelphia cream cheese and Laughing Cow cheese spread, although they aren't really all that flavorful so I usually just use them for mixing in with other things like jalapeños or fried onions.

8. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    My favorite is definitely fresh mozzarella. It is the kind that comes in balls. It is super soft and moist, it is way better than regular old Kraft mozzarella. I like to use it for pizza or anything where its melted gooey goodness gets to come into play. But it is also good with a little olive oil, salt, basil and some good tomatoes. There just isn't anything better. Mozzarella sticks are amazing, too.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not that into cheese, I only like a handful. I like mozzarella, Gouda and Swiss, but my absolute favorite is Gorgonzola cheese. I love making sauces out of it to put over pasta or even as a salad dressing.

10. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I discovered provolone about 6 months ago and it changed my sandwhich making experience forever. Absolutely delicious and haven't gone back to cheddar since. I do like switching up what cheeses I use depending on what sort of meal or what I'm having it with. For instance, peperjack on Nachos, Cheddar when making a lasagna, etc.

11. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    I have always loved cheddar and mozerella. They sure have good tastes. When I was in Amsterdam, I ate their gooda cheese and it was really good. It's 2 euros for a box compared to 10-15 in Canada for a block in a big box retailer. Quite the contrast.

12. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've been a vegetarian for so long and its been a while since I've had cheese but when I did eat cheese I like mozzarella and regular cheddar. I haven't eaten alot of other kind of cheese though, I have had jalapeno cheese and really like that. I have had imintation (vegan cheese) and really wasn't feeling the taste, but that was a long time ago. I need to see what it tastes like now.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For eating, I like sharp cheddar, Muenster and pepper jack. For melting on burgers, I like good old processed American cheese like they use on fast food burgers. For pizza, I can use Muenster or mozzarella.

14. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    My family is big cheese eaters. We eat a variety of cheeses but our most favorite is the sharp cheddar. It tastes so much better eaten alone or in different dishes. Fiesta cheese is a great combination cheese that's good in just about any dish I make. Baby bels are the ultimate on the go snack :)

15. iam911

iam911Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy pepper jack cheese on almost anything. The only thing that would seem weird to have pepper jack is pizza, but even then, it sounds pretty darn good. I enjoy eating mozzarella on pizza, but I think it's a pretty solid choice of cheese.

16. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I personally like mixed cheese and cheddar. I only use shredded mix cheese because it is easier to cook with. The only time I use cheddar cheese is on hamburgers.

17. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    My current favorite cheese is Green Banks raw medium cheddar. It's the only affordable raw cheese I can find. It has a little different flavor than the regular cheddar that is pasteurized. I am also huge fan of all kinds of blue cheeses, but they are decidedly not in the budget.

18. Brian3265

Brian3265New Member

Threads:
    Either Swiss, American or pepper jack

19. AlexF15

AlexF15New Member

Threads:
    My favorite kind of cheese is swiss cheese. I know this sounds weird, but I love to put it on my tacos, it taste absolutely wonderful. If you haven't tried Swiss cheese, you might want to do so, it's a great cheese. :D

20. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a lot of cheese but more the "normal" kind (except for American). The ones you listed would be too exotic for me. I thought I would like goat cheese too because I like goat milk but it was too rich for me.