What Is Your Favorite Make-up Brand?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by dyanmarie25 • Mar 2, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I think every woman is using make-up nowadays. In a way, make-up somehow boost our self-esteem/confidence. We feel pretty when we are all done and pampered. And for sure, we have that one favorite make-up brand. Personally, I love Maybelline. I really don't get irritations with using their cosmetics unlike other brands. Same with L'Oreal, I love it too.

What about you?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I thnk one of the best Make up Brands I used was years ago when I used the one by Victoria Jackson. It wasn't necessarily the make up itself that was worth it to me, although it was good. I think that thing that made the make up so good were the tips by Jackson herself on an instruction video that she made that came with the kit. In it she talked about how the best kind of make up accentuated our true beauty not covered it up. In other words the true tip to wearing make up was to cover flaws to accentuate our beauty and not look made up but natural in the process.

I have used other make up since such as bare minerals which is made from natural ingredients. Another switch that I have made I want to use natural ingredient make up. Anyway, I still hold on to the tips by Jackson because I learned a whole lot about make up and how to wear it along with how not to wear it.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my favorites is Nars and I also like MAC. I used to work on several beauty counters so I have pretty much tried most brands. I don't use the same brand for everything, I like Nars for most products, but I like L'oreal mascaras and Lancome pencils. I love Chanel for nail polishes and lip sticks, but their foundations don't suit me.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love MAC, it's been my favorite brand for almost 10 years now and it still is. I usually prefer department brands because they tend to give me less allergies. So for example I really enjoy Benefit and Clinique, but there are some good drugstore brands I like as well.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any one favorite make up brand. I use many different brands and at many different price points. I do have a new found love for NYX and Kat Von D make up though. I mostly buy my make up from drug stores, though now I probably can buy what I like online. I don't like going into make up stores like Sephora or Ulta, since they're a reseller so all of the products are far more expensive that what the companies themselves sell them for.

6. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I like Maybelline but I also think Revlon is very good. I have been using Revlon's various foundations for a long time, they are the only ones that stay on my skin, blend nicely and provide good coverage, and never cause me a break out. I have tried some expensive foundations too, like Lancome and Clinique, but nothing beats Revlon for me.

Maybelline does have good pressed powders and also they eye shadows are pretty good.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    The I usually use lakme. I do not think I like it very much but it is very cost effective. The kohl that I use regularly is much better than other brands. I have also tried maybelline. But I do not like it very much.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not so keen on makeup but other than my Yoko face cream (it's a Thai brand, by the way), I also use Nichido's eyeliner and mascara products. Nichido's pretty affordable and their products are great. I hear some people are allergic to makeup but Nichido products blend well with my skin without side effects. Sometimes, I buy In2It's dual cake face powder plus refills. It gives your skin an other-worldly appearance.

9. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    I don't think I can choose just one, but maybe I can choose one for different products. I like Milani for eye liner, Fyrinnae, Shiro, Femme Fatale, and Sugarpill for eyeshadows, Nyx and LA Splash for lipstick, Fyrinnae and Shiro for blush, Too Faced and Urban Decay for primers, Too Faced for foundation.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have loved Max Factor for years - the majority of my make-up is made by them. I have no idea whether they are considered a bit "old fashioned" these days, but I've always been very happy with the quality and ease of use of their products.

11. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't have a favorite make up brand or a brand that I'm loyal to. I buy whatever brand that interests me while shopping in department stores. But I do have Maybelline, L'Oreal and a few korean-made make up right now. :)

12. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have very sensitive skin and a lot of makeup brands give me breakouts. I have used Lancome for years because it does not harm my skin. I love the coverage that it provides and it blends very well. It is expensive, but I don't wear makeup everyday so it lasts me a long time. I also enjoy the pampering, and sometimes free samples I get when I visit the Lancome counter at Macys.

13. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I've always had a preference for Cover Girl. I guess my love affair with this brand can be trace back to my years in high school during the late 90s. I remember being a fan of the musician Brandy with Nikki Taylor as a supermodel for the product. I loved the freshness I always saw in the commercials. The foundations always match my skin. Also, it never made my skin itchy and I didn't suffer with breakouts unlike another brand that I won't name.