What is your favorite "new" show you're watching?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Thejamal • Apr 20, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    What is the show you're currently addicted to watching? It doesn't have to be a new show, but perhaps one you just started watching.

For me it's Revenge. Honestly can't get enough of this show right now.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always liked an adventure story so when I heard of Black Sails I had to give it a try and I don't regret it. I don't endorse it as a good show though. What I like may not be what someone else likes. But if anyone likes pirate stories, this should be something worth watching if you haven't seen it yet.

3. AB9100

AB9100Member

Threads:
    I would have to choose "The Tomorrow People".

To be honest. I had my doubts about the premise of the show. Humans with super powers seemed a little cliche. I have to admit that i was extremely surprised by the storyline of the show. It is not all about super hero's, and super powers.

The show actually has a good narrative. It focuses more on drama than super natural things, and that is what i like. It has a great balance. I am complete hooked on it. I make sure that i watch every episode.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I just started watching The Good Wife. I've avoided it and wasn't really interested in it at all because I assumed it was going to be "yet another" crime show with "yet another" strong female lead, etc, etc. I'm not really into those types of shows and simply labeled it a chick flick.

I saw it rank #1 as the most popular showing right now, though, and considering it's lasted 5 seasons, I thought I'd give it a shot. While it does fit the genre I mentioned above, I'm finding that I've enjoyed some of the episodes!

5. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Brooklynn Nine Nine. It's a comedy set in a police station, and has one of the guys from the Lonely Island songs, which you might know of. It's really good, and I'm marathoning the first season all day today.

6. tcomfortbl

tcomfortblNew Member

Threads:
    I love the show Nashville!

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    The best new thing I've watched recently is Rick & Morty, it's a cartoon but more turned towards adults, it takes a while to get used to the style but it has two main characters with a very interesting relationship and interactions, definitely worth a watch.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This! I honestly didn't think I'd like it as much as I do now at first, but after watching the pilot episode, I immediately got hooked. I think it's a great mix of all the cartoons I liked so far, so even though the idea might not seem all that original, it's still fairly unique in its approach, and the stories still seem fresh and original. I'm still not as addicted to it as some of my old favorites, though, but maybe the succeeding seasons will change my mind.

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Ripper Street! It is about an East End police station situated in the area where Jack the Ripper committed his murders, the show is set 6 months after his last murder and is FANTASTIC, I love how they incorporate events around that time into the show, for examplke they did an episode in which The Elephant Man died, they portrayed it as a murder. I was very sad when the BBC cancelled it after two series (they put it up against I'm a Celebrity and wondered why it only pulled in 8 million viewers), but was soon overjoyed to hear that Love Films is going to make the 3rd series.