What is your favorite of the chain drug stores?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by justusforus • Oct 20, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    In my town we have CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid. They not only have a pharmacy but general merchandise. I find Walgreens to have a big selection, seasonal items and gifts at good prices but some of the personal care items (like cosmetics and shampoos) are cheaper at at department store. CVS has a big selection but the prices seem higher. Rite Aid had prices similar to CVS but an ice cream booth where you can get a cone. Prescription prices are about the same for all three.

What do you like or dislike about your drug stores?

2. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer using Wal-Greens. Wal-Greens are a very trustworthy company that sells drugs. Not only are they trustworthy but they are also reliable. I can always depend on Wal-Greens when I need them the most. Wal-Greens are always conveniently located, there almost always around every corner.

3. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    Walgreens all the way for me as well. We have THREE WALGREENS in our city that are not far from each other which I always think it's kinda weird. I like that it will automatically call me and let me know if I need refill in my prescription and I like the fact it opens 24/7 so I can just call to have my drug picked up any time. The cigarettes there are cheaper so my husband likes to stop there to get his fix. I love to get my REDKEN shampoo there as well. The only thing I don't like is not all of them open 24/7. the closest one from my house actually opens only until midnight and closest earlier in weekend.

4. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of shopping at drug stores. I think their prices are higher than a mass retailer or even the grocery store. I will say that their ads are sometimes worthwhile, but for the most part I don't even bother shopping there. There is a CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid close to where I live. If I had to chose one of them, it would be Rite Aid. The biggest factor for me is merely that it is the closest to my house.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I actually think that is a huge factor for everyone. Proximity is pretty important. You are not going to travel an unnecessary 3 miles in order to get out of having to pay the 50 cents difference between the two locations. I also think the employees play a pretty big part for me. If I happen to have a bad experience at one of these chains I will absolutely go that extra 3 miles and take the 50 cents off as a bonus.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walgreens has always been the one closest to me, so I have always been there more often than the other ones. So I would say Walgreens is my favorite, followed by CVS. Those are the best for content and also great sales.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would pick Walgreens, because even though their prices are high on most items, they do have a number of their own products that helps keep costs down. It is a decent store to shop in. I like this store for buying their own brands, and their specials.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always go to CVS and then Walgreens as CVS have more coupons than Walgreens. The loyalty card system is easier to use and is better for me. I never get to spend my points at Walgreens so only buy what is on special. I've never been a fan of Rite-Aid, but as I never had one near me, the few times I have been to one, they are more expensive than CVS in general.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My area just got Walgreens about 2 years ago. I don't go to the store often even though it is very close. We also have CVS and Rite Aid in my area. I don't go to either of them often either, I have not had a need for prescriptions often and when I do I have gotten them from Walmart. I really don't have a like for any of these stores more than the other.

10. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will always support CVS because the company dumped tobacco products. I like all three main chains between Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreens. They have their ups and downs, and it could even be said that they're fairly similar in most ways. Rite Aid has the best rewards program since you can get 20% off purchases if you spend enough each year, if that program still exists. I rarely go to the drug stores, to be honest. That's for no particular reason, though.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here in Canada the big chain is Shoppers Drug Mart.. or at least, anywhere I've been in Canada, I'm not sure what others there are to choose from since I only spent my money there. I was quite addicted to shopping there actually and the prices were not good lol. I'm over it now ;)

12. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    They're all really similar in my opinion. I cant say that I've ever noticed a huge difference in their prices. If I had, I'd stay loyal to that brand. So since I find them so similar I usually just go to whichever one is most convenient to where I'm at, at the time.

13. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    We have a chain store called Boots. It's pretty good for deals if you get one of their saver cards, pretty easy to get to as well, which is a bonus!

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    None of them to be honest. Not only are they grossly over-priced, but they are littered throughout every community. I mean, I can understand the convenience aspect, but I really don't need to see a CVS, Walgreens, or Rite-Aid every other block. In our neck of the woods, I would say around the late 90's they started blowing up and opening up these stores all over the place. They're practically walking distance apart from each other, and often times a Walgreens is right across the street from a CVS, which is right across the street from a Rite Aid. It's overkill.

As much as I hate patronizing Wal-Mart, I would much rather drive a couple miles to our nearest one and pay several dollars less for everything than drive a couple blocks to our local drug stores and pay an arm and a leg for everything, not to mention the limited selection. Their sales are silly too - gee, thanks for giving me 50 cents off something you're charging me $2.00 more for than everyone else.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:For me in Hawaii on Oahu I'd have to say it's a toss up between CVS and Walgreens. Both stores don't have the same items. I like prices and selection from both stores. I can get different things on weekly sales from both stores. Both give rewards of some kind. Both have their own store brands that's so much cheaper and good quality products too.

16. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    My town has a series of just local drug stores. The only chain we have is Walgreens but they're building a CVS right in front of it. It's a little weird lol. There was actually this story about the Walgreens being owned by a married couple and once they divorced, the wife thought it'd be revenge to build the CVS right in front of Walgreens. The Walgreens here in my hometown is nice enough. They don't accept TriCare nor QualChoice which is what my mother and I have. (QualChoice is a branch off of that terrible ObamaCare system.) So everyone I know just goes to the Walmart pharmacy. There's no fuss over the health insurance there.

17. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    We have different versions of dollar stores. You know like dollar tree, dollar general, ect. We have a CVS and a walgreens. Although the walgreens is closer to my house, I like CVS even though that is a farther walk. They always have a sale no matter how random I visit the store.

18. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This would look like in another planet because you may not have heard of the drug stores here. The number 1 in terms of branches and sales is Mercury Drug. But Watson's is posing a threat since all SM malls have Watson's. And since SM and Watson's have the same owner, expect that Mercury Drug is banned in those malls. Watson have the usual discounts and promos so the public is shifting their loyalty.

19. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Boots is my favourite too and the Advantage card is the best loyalty scheme in the country. I'm a fan of the meal deals and the £1 sandwiches.

20. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I am a fan of CVS because of the coupons and savings it offers. I think CVS's pricing is on the lower end. I've been able to pair manufacturer coupons with the CVS coupons and have gotten items for next to nothing (they usually aren't my favorite brands, but a good deal will make me switch for a little bit). My only complaint against the CVS coupons is that the time frame in which you can use them is so limited.

I will admit I am biased against RiteAid because the only knows I know of and go to are in the middle of the city. So of course prices are going to be higher than in the suburbs.