What Is Your Favorite Office Supply?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by ScipioPro • Feb 21, 2015.

1. ScipioPro

ScipioProMember

Threads:
    When it comes to me I always have to stock up on office supplies

Currently I have

- 15 spare notebooks
    - 5 packs of index cards
    - 50 Pens
    - 10 folders
    - 4 highlighters
    - 5 sharpies

You never know when you need spares of something, so in my pack-rat nature I tend to stock up a lot. With that being said, I have to say I LOVE INDEX CARDS. These were one of the best inventions ever. I use them to sort contacts, I use them to remember task, short grocery lists sometimes.

What is your favorite office supply?

Why is it your favorite?

How much do you try to stock up?

Who is your favorite brand?

2. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite would have to be my Mont Blanc pen. It's a very cool looking pen and I use it a lot in my writing. I don't even keep it with the other pens; I still keep it in its original case. I know that's little bit weird but this pen has been with me through a lot. If you're wondering if I ever buy refills, I don't. I have a method of refilling the ink cylinders myself. I boil the cylinder to let the air heat up, then dip the tip onto the ink. The hot air will eventually cool and contract sucking the ink in. Magic.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    @TommyVercetti@TommyVercetti that is one clever trick! Thank you for sharing! I would try this on my steel body pens that has reached astronomical prices to refill.

As for my favorite office supply, anything that works is fine for me, no matter what the brand.

4. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I hear ya, refill prices are becoming unfair. The refills specifically for my Mont Blanc pen now only has half the amount of ink compared to previous years; and wouldn't you know it they even had the gall to up the price!

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I always have to have paper available to me, because I like to make notes while I'm working and if I run out of paper it causes a little bit of stress for me, to be honest. I will buy cheap paper online, and can sometimes get it for free from my local shop, because they give away their used paper with things (nothing private) printed on the back. So I do find that this is a great way to be able to save money. And then, of course, I will recycle the paper again once I have used it. I like to have different colour pens so I will keep a stock of these in case they run out, and I will keep an eye open on the internet to see when there are things that are on offer.

6. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    To be honest, I'm awful with keeping track of office supplies. I lose things left and right...which is why I just tend to buy the cheapest stuff in bulk sizes. Sometimes I treat myself to nice (nicer, at least :p) pens. I looove using new pens. Ones that write super well, skinny, and dry fast are my favorite. I tend to drag my hands over my writing and oftentimes the ink hasn't dried enough and it smears. And I just really prefer the look of skinny handwriting as opposed to "fatter" ones. I usually always stock when there's a sale that catches my eye, but I really should stop doing that. I think I have like 1 or 2 extra bags/boxes of supplies of everything..

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite is the paper clip because I could use it both for paper and sometimes I unwind it to use for poking small spaces. I also like paper clamps because I use it both for paper and for sealing up leftover snacks. My kitchen is filled with half opened potato chip bags and biscuit bags and thanks to these clamps I don't feel pressured to finish a bag in one sitting.

8. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is the binder clip, I have boxes of numerous sizes at the ready. In my opinion it's much more convenient and sturdy than staples, also as they're reusable you don't have to spend money buying more staples. So long as you aren't filing documents away I think binder clips are the way to go.

9. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite office supplies have to be pens and mechanical pencils! I collect different type of purple ink pens for myself and bought mechanical pencils for my son school supplies. I don't have a favorite office supplies store, and usually buy what my son needs at Walmart as they offer the cheapest pricing around. With my son being careless and ruining things, I just don't see the need for better quality products that will cost me an arm and a leg for them. I just buy extra so when he needs to replace something, he will have it.

10. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    My three most favorite office supply, a signing pen , a pencil and sticky notes. A signing pen is important for me because I am signing a lot of documents and report. I use pencil for mathematical purposes and drawing plans/reliminary designs. Sticky is quite useful for especially in organizing my tasks and taking down notes

11. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There is always a need for printer paper. Having two printers to run out is a headache so I buy a couple of individual packs and buy a case when the money is right.

There is only one office supply store about four miles away and that is Office Depot. The paper is at the front of the store which is great. No particular brand though. I purchase within the limits of my budget. I do prefer the thicker, for lack of a better word, paper. I tend to get paper cuts more easily with flimsy paper which is less expensive.

Sometimes I luck up at flea markets, estates sales and auctions that have office supplies that include paper but that's a rare event.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like pens, pencils, notebooks, staple wires and post-its. I used to collect different ballpen colors, my favorite being the Dong-A MyMetal pen set. I'm not picky with notebook designs but I make sure I buy the composition and journal types. I was once in the habit of writing poems, stories and random sentiments by hand so I kept a variety of notebooks (and still do). I love colorful post-its too. They're fun, quirky and helpful to the forgetful me.

13. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    I like envelopes and pens. These are my favourite things which i like to buy from office supply.

14. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Staples. I think they always have great deals running. My mom is a teacher so she gets an additional discount. I usually stock up when something is on sale, as long as I know I will use it. I love going right before the new school year starts because they always have great deals on pencils, notebooks and binders.
    Staples also gives you money back for bringing in your old ink cartridges.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite offfice supply would be the notebook and pen combo, because I use them quite a lot for writing down notes. I do have a stock of 4 pens, 3 ballpens and 1 sign pen.