What Is Your Favorite Packaged Baked Good/snack Food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by H.C. Heartland • Jan 31, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I just saw that a Sara Lee snack pack was on sale and it got me to thinking how many packaged snack foods there are out there. I love Pepperidge Farms, Hostess, and Sara Lee but out of these 3 I think Sara Lee is the one I have ate the least. What is your favorite packaged snack food? If not the brand name, then you can just list the type of treat you like.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Oreos for me, there's something about the combination of the cookie and the filling that makes it really delectable, especially with milk or made into an oreo cheesecake/ice cream!

3. Polgie

PolgieNew Member

Threads:
    I don't really buy off the shelf baked snacks (I'm more of a savoury snacker). But my FAVOURITE sweet snacks are ones that are really easy to make at home. Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal no-bake cookies are possibly the best thing ever, and a close runner up are rice krispie treats. I might actually have to make some this weekend....

4. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I dont like sweets, but I love to snack on popcorn and pretzels. LOOOOOVE those. My favorites type of Popcorn is white cheddar. Right now I cant think of the brand but it comes in a black bag. It's beyond delicious. SoO good they are almost addiciting. I told a friend that they probably had crack in them. LOL She called me one day to yell at me through the phone that she thought they had crack in them too because she tried them and she immediately got hooked. But I can also eat normal unsalted, unbuttered, air popped popcorn. I just love popcorn.

And pretzels. Regular, salted, soft pretzels or regular hard pretzels. But not that Wetzel Pretzel or Mr Pretzel stuff. And be the pretzels soft or hard, I love eating them dipping them in a nice glass of cold milk. =o)

5. H.C. Heartland

Threads:
    Yes! I ate that one all last summer on vacation! I forget the name too. Actually, now that you bring up popcorn: Skinny Popcorn which is advertised as being lower in calories and comes in a huge bag if you buy it from one of those type places like Sam's Club is REALLY good too! You end up eating twice as much though because you feel like you're being healthy.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not much of a fan of sweets but I do like chips ahoy cookies. Also I like Ritz crackers and I even find them good enough not to need any toppings most of the time, even though it certainly helps when it's available. I also enjoy Loaker wafers and other Japanese chocolate cracker snacks like hello panda and pokky.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, as far as snack cakes go i love the Twinkie but then who doesn't. I was kind of upset when Hostess went under a few years back thinking that the Twinkie was gone. After all there have been immitators of this popular snack cake but no one has ever come close to is flavor or texture. I was happy when the Hostess brand was bought and someone revived their snack cakes.

As for cracker I like the cheezit brand of snack crackers along with the Triscuit. I am also a fan of those snack food known as Combos which are filled pretzels in various flavors. Yes, I admit it I am a fan of junk food can you tell.

8. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Doesn't matter what brand, I like the snowball cakes, fig bars and fudge marshmallow cookies. Dollar General also sells a store brand selection of girl scout cookie knockoffs that are good. I love to bake so don't eat store bought baked snacks much at home, but my husband and I keep our camper stocked with them for the times when we are gone.

9. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to have to check my club to see if they have Skinny Popcorn then!!! LOL My king is two years old and he also has a "salty" tooth for popcorn. I've been thinking of getting an airpopper just so we can pop fresh popcorn here for movie nights. Plus, I think it'll be fun for him to watch. ;)

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like some of the Mr Kipling cake slices but I generally prefer home backed cakes and cookies. They taste so much better and can be very quick to whip up.

11. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like I'm a different monster. I like obscure versions of things that are normally available. Not because I care to be different but because I read my ingredients. That is the one thing that influences my purchases.

12. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite packaged snack food is white cheddar popcorn and there was a time before when I kept on buying it. I don't get it as much today but it's still one of my favorites. There are other snacks I enjoy too like peanuts, crackers, chips but I try to go with healthier ones, fruit, and more. I also really like to have some cottage cheese for a snack and this is definitely another favorite of mine. A few other snacks I would eat are yogurt, pudding, and jello. There are so many foods out there that are perfect for a snack at anytime of the day.

13. H.C. Heartland

Threads:
    We have been trying to find healthy snacks so I would love to hear what some of the healthy choices are that you make instead of choosing things like popcorn, chips and cupcakes.

14. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Although it's a love-hate relationship, I love Oreos and Wheat Thins. I can never put those suckers down and end up eating way too much at one time. Something I do like about Wheat Thins is that even though they're really high in salt content, you actually get some nutritional benefits with the multi-grain servings.

Oreos are just too damn good for their own good. No other explanation needed!

15. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like Walgreen's own brand banana bread and chocolate muffins. They are about a dollar each and they make great snacks and are affordable. They do a good variety in the bigger stores and are a generous size. They are often on multibuy specials too so I do buy a few as the banana bread does sell out pretty fast.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not know if they are my favorite packed baked good snack, or if it is currently the only thing that I can think of but, I love Oreos!! I used to really enjoy the default flavor? The chocolate and vanilla flavor?? But recently they have been introducing a lot more flavors. Many are limited edition, like the banana ones? But my favorite are the peanut butter ones.