What is your favorite tooth paste?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Dec 26, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Whether brand or type, what is your favorite. I am partial to the baking soda and peroxide types and usually buy Colgate or Arm and Hammer. I find my teeth stay whiter, mouth seems fresher and and teeth feel cleaner. What do you think?

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I use Colgate too not because I like them but because Colgate has become the norm for my family. My father's been using the brand since a long time ago and the brand somehow passed on to me so I've been using it all my life and couldn't bother to change to another brand.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, I think Colgate just monopolized the whole toothpaste industry. Although we do buy other brands from time to time, but it is usually Colgate that I always see being bought.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I like the arm and hammer too. But I also use just regular crest because it's the only one that doesn't make my teeth sensitive. I did try the 3D white crest toothpaste it made my teeth hurt and they became so sensitive it felt like an toothache.

5. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I like toothpastes that have a whitening effect and also don't taste too horrible. Some toothpastes dry my mouth out, which I try to avoid. I don't have any specific favorites, but I like to use toothpastes that have peroxide and/or baking soda in them. Arm and Hammer is a good brand. Sometimes, I will mix baking soda and peroxide together and use that in place of my toothpaste if I want more of a whitening effect on my teeth. I hear it's not good to use straight baking soda on your teeth often, though, because it can wear away the enamel on your teeth.

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only brand I usually buy is Colgate. Though, I am trying to stray onto healthy options after reading up on a few things. I am currently looking for some natural/organic toothpastes and learned recently that I can even make some at home!!

7. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I also use Colgate, funny how you can see their dominance just by reading this thread.
    I sometimes buy different brands if there is a sale going but if there is none I get the triple-action Colgate :D

8. mistysauro

mistysauroNew Member

Threads:
    i PERSONALLY LIKE THE SENSTIVE TEETH TYPES SUCH AS SENSIDINE OR BIOTINE TYPE AND ALL THE CREST BRANDS OF TOOTH PASTE

9. pvarble1

pvarble1New Member

Threads:
    I love Crest 3D as I've noticed it really does work to whiten and keep white the teeth. More expensive but worth it.

10. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I love my 3D crest whiting toothpaste it does just as it say, it had my teeth white withing 3 to 4 days, and looking very healthy. If you have not tried it please do and it taste good.

11. Damikoulas88

Damikoulas88New Member

Threads:
    Am using my Aquafresh long time ago and am positive with it!

12. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I used baking soda based pastes. Baking soda alone is just as good also it feels a bit rougher than a soda based paste. It is at least as good if not better than many of the smokers toothpastes, and very cheap to make yourself.

13. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy Colgate and have no real reason to switch, I've used a ton of other brands though, they're all the same to me honestly. I've tried every single "flavour" and can hardly tell the difference or notice any real results, the way they change the name and packaging every 2nd month makes it hard to find a certain type you like too.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Colgate. I had one I loved that I don't even know the brand. It tasted horrible, but it made my teeth feel the cleanest. But it's more expensive and you can't find it anywhere.
    My current favorite from Colgate is the Luminous White. I feel it cleans well, has a fairly good taste and makes my mouth feel clean and fresh. It also discreetly whitens the teeth. Not too much, I don't think whitening toothpastes work very well. But I found it did make my teeth look slightly lighter within a couple of months using it.

15. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I think it's interesting how many people use either Colgate or Crest. I use the Colgate Tarter Control that was recommended by my dentist. I also started using Colgate's whitening toothpaste and I really like it, plus it has a great taste. I've been using it for a few weeks now and my teeth do appear whiter so the toothpaste does what it says it will do.

16. kristinaw

kristinawNew Member

Threads:
    I really like Tom's natural toothpaste from Trader Joe's. It has a unique flavor and texture and I know that it is healthier than most of the other toothpastes. It is more expensive, but worth it.

17. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I use to like the 3D whiting toothpaste until today I tried the new crest baking soda toothpaste and it leave your mouth refreshed , gums tingling and your teeth real clean, I love to have great breath so after brushing with it your breath is refreshing.

18. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Colgate for as long as I can remember and I have to say that I have always been satisfied with its performance. I have never had complains relating to bad breath, building up of plaque on teeth, etc. And during its use, I have been fortunate enough to not have any tooth or gum related ailments. So, I would say that Colgate has been doing the job for me consistently over the years.

19. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I've always just used normal Colgate, my friend got me to try some bubble gum flavored monstrosity. It was just awful, toothpaste should just be mint flavored, I mean its cheap, it doesn't taste horrible and it does its job? What more could you ask for out of toothpaste?

20. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    Yeah I use Colgate too, like most people apparently. I don't know why exactly, it's just what I've always been using. I can't say that I've experienced my teeth getting whiter or anything but I like the cool minty taste.