What Is Your Favorite Type Of Deodorant To Use?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by H.C. Heartland • Apr 13, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Lately I have been wanting to make my own deodorant so I started buying some at nature stores to begin getting an idea of the consistency. I tired using the Thai crystal ones but they just don't seem to cut it in a heated situation. At the end of the day I'm ready to pass out. But the cocoa butter based essential oil ones seem to work. I have also seen them in stick form, personal application, but not spray form. As far as natural store bought I like Tom's of Maine. What about you? Do you have a favorite type of deodorant. I have not found them to be too expensive but I'm hoping it will be even cheaper once I can start making them on my own. The one recipe I have found can be molded in a muffin tin so that you can rub it on:
    3 T. Coconut Oil
    3 T. Baking Soda
    2 T. Shea Butter
    2 T. Arrow Root (optional)
    essential oils (a few drops of your choice, I like Lavender)
    You can just mix it on your own or you can melt it in a double boiler, pour into a mold, and then cool. You need to apply it with a spatula or your finger if you don't mold it.

2. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I use mens deodorant. Straight up. It's generally cheaper then womens, works far better. Women's deodorant was always slimy, and never worked that well, and probably made me sweat MORE! Guy deodorant works so much better.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never make my own deodorant, I don't trust it would work as well... I am terrified of smelling bad throughout the day! I will usually use spray deodorant.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I also use men's deodorant, though I have to admit I've never noticed a big price difference. Sales at CVS tend to include one men's and one women's at the same price. But the men's definitely works better, I agree. Right now my husband and I are both using Right Guard. I also like the super expensive Secret clinical. When that goes buy one get one free I stock up and use coupons.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to use spray ons but have slowly transitioned towards sticks for some reason. Back then I hated the thought of using gel or roll ons but now I am more in favor of them and now can't imagine myself using the spray ever again. Plus those are much more expensive so I'm happy I made the change and at least I'm not just forcing myself to like it.