What is your favorite way of traveling?

Discussion in Travel started by dorothymoreno • Apr 7, 2013.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite way of traveling would be in a RV. It would be so much fun to be able to go around and visit everybody and go to new places and not have to worry about paying for motels or anything. Just be able to pull over and sleep in the RV and make a homemade meal and maybe even kick back and watch a movie, then well rested hit the road again. We have been looking at some RV's and they have some really nice ones that you can live in and travel the roads. If I ever get to travel this is the way I would want to do it.

What about you. what is your favorite way to travel for leisure?

2. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    RV is really a nice choice for travel. I would like to choose this way if conditions permit.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I love traveling by plane. I just do! I'll be happy as long as I get a window seat. Too bad plane tickets are insanely expensive here.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I would love to travel in an rv I have always wanted to just get up and go pack up in the rv and go all around the world that is a dream of mine I hope I can make come true one day

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Traveling in a RV sounds like a great adventure. I am not a big camper but I would not mind a weekend trip in one to see what it would be like. A quick trip to the south would be good, with the grand children.

6. Barker88

Barker88New Member

Threads:
    I still love trains. I grew up close to NYC and always took trains to the city. Also my favorite way to travel in Europe.

7. gloria7819

gloria7819New Member

Threads:
    Actually, I like the idea of "Beam Me Up Scotty". I prefer the arrival at the destination as opposed to the process of getting there. So, I think it's time that Star Trek technology became a reality!:cool:

8. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I love to go by car! It can be boring sometimes or take forever, but it's great to see the country. When I fly, I always feel like a missed a lot and it takes me a day or so to fully realize that I'm in this new place or even made a trip. It's nice to get there quickly, of course, but I only do it in certain instances. Taking my time, seeing everything, and stopping in new cities is great to me. I love roadtrips! I would probably love the idea of a RV, like you, if I had the money to purchase one/pay for gas in it. Right now I'm only able to go anywhere because I have a tiny stickshift car that does really well on gas, hah.

9. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Train for me. And it must be third class. Traveling by second-class is to be locked in a coach full of stuffy people. I find the people in the third class a lot more interesting. Yes, I travel so that I can meet people. That's the main fun of traveling for me.

10. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite would be buses and trains. I think the trips are long enough for you to get experiences, observe the environment and meet new people. Plus, you get to marvel at the sceneries.

11. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    If it's just around the country, we have a car to do that. Hubby doesn't like going in a bus or train as we don't have control about the time and route. That's why we usually travel by car. If overseas, of course travel by plane is the only option. ;)

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to travel by train or by a plane.
    It's a really hard choice to make because for example if you travel by train in Switzerland then you will see all the mountains and beautiful nature right out your window. It would be absolutely incredible.

13. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    We have an rv, and in 10 days time we'll be driving up through Spain and France, before taking a ferry to England for our niece's wedding. We'll spend 4 weeks there, then sail back to Northern Spain, before heading into Portugal. Then we'll spend a week driving down the coast, before cutting across to our home on the Costa Blanca. Yes - that's my favourite way to travel, alright!

14. delco

delcoMember

Threads:
    RV would be nice, but it's kind of inconvenient to get some places sometimes. What I would like is a TAB trailer, and just tow that around.

15. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I still love to go by plane. It's faster and easier for me. Although I would love some to go by sea too and enjoy some cruising. :)

16. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Road trips are the best! I love traveling by car more than flying. I never wanted to fly, but I finally gave in last Christmas so I could see family. The flight was quick and cheap, but I missed the thrill of being on the road, stopping at the quirky souvenir stands, taking pictures of crazy billboards and road signs, and of course celebrating every time we cross a state line! There's a lot to see when traveling by car and you can stop anytime and take a look. Flying is great if you're in a hurry, but you miss a lot!

17. attagirl

attagirlNew Member

Threads:
    I know you have said what is your favorite way of traveling, but for me it depends on what I am doing and why. Let me explain: when I am traveling for business I would like to get there as quickly as possible so a non stop flight is my favorite for that. If it is a leisure type of thing again it depends on a lot of factors. Such as if I am taking a cruise and will be confined for a while, I want to take little time traveling to the port destination. While if I am wanting to see many things in a short period of time then cars are efficient. While if I am taking a long trip to places with my family and I dont need anything but them and the open road an RV is a great choice.

18. effy

effyNew Member

Threads:
    I love going on roadtrips with friends. If the destination is under 4 hours a way, driving is ideal for me. I live close to mountains and some beautiful national parks so they're great for day trips or for camping.

19. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love travelling by road.. an RV would be ideal but we have semi converted our suv to be one.. LOL we make do with what we have. I love the flexibility it gives with regard to the schedule.. I hate having to rush to catch my flight or train. I used to enjoy train journeys a lot but I hate the crowds.. I prefer the privacy of my own vehicle and enjoy the games and fun we have as a family while we travel.

20. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    I like to travel by car but in particular in a SUV. I need a lot room for comfort. I don't like riding on buses, planes, or train where I am confined to space. Also I believe that taking a car is the safest way to travel especially if you are the designated driver. I believe that this takes away a lot of the anxiety I have when leave someone else to have my life in their hands.