What is your favorite Whiskey?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by H.C. Heartland • Oct 30, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My husband prefers a smoky whiskey. Oban is one of his favorites but it is very expensive. For an nice whiskey that is cheaper, he liked Ballantine's. There is a website out of the UK that is celebrating their 15 year anniversary: The Whiskey Exchange. To celebrate their anniversary, they have two new offers (very expensive - one is a 17 yr old and one is a 40 yr old!) But they also have some other whiskies on sale that are not too bad for the quality. What is your favorite whiskey and why?

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like a brand called buffalo trace. I also like woodford reserve. They are both bourbons. I'll drink any kind of whiskey though. It's probably my favorite type of liquor.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey is my favorite. I find that a little sweetness from the honey goes really well with the strong taste of whiskey if you are accustomed to drinking it on the rocks!

Wild Turkey is not too bad either, I usually mix it with cola though.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    The usual whiskey I drink is Jack Daniels, which is good with coke or pepsi, although I prefer ginger ale the most for any mix liquor and soda drink. The most premium whiskey I've ever drink was Blue Label, and that was a fun night - whiskey and scotch are created using the same process with slight differences of ingredients and the terms [scotch whiskey], which I had to argue this fact to a bartender once, and she was adamant she was correct, but I digress from arguing because I did my research years before that and could care not, since there was another bartender nearby. Also, bourbon is merely a form of whiskey created by U.S.A. distillers from the southern States - it's the terms that confuses people a lot. However, other whiskeys I've tried are Wild Turkey, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker, Jameson, and Bushmills - small list, but I am going to add much more whiskey into my belly in the near future, that's a promise!

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't call myself a whiskey/bourbon guru by any means, but I went through a phase for a couple years where I was trying the popular ones out to make manhattans at home. My two favorites out of the bunch were the perennial favorite Makers Mark, and the relative newcomer, Bulleit Bourbon. I like Maker's Mark because of it's mellow taste and it's soft but very noticeable vanilla undertones, that helps take the edge off of it. Bulleit Bourbon has more bite to it for sure, but I found it to be very pleasantly aromatic - almost like a smoky musky men's cologne to some extent. I love the spiciness of it in manhattans, but I do have to sip it a little more slowly.