What is your guilty pleasure food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by bmarks • Jul 24, 2014.

1. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    We all have one. A food that we go to when we throw our cares to the wind and embrace self-indulgence. What sweet, deep-fried, salty, chocolatey, or whatever kind of food is your guilty pleasure? What's your main choice of food for those occasions when good nutrition and healthy options simply don't matter?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess my guilty pleasure foods are Pringles chips and fried chicken. I also sometimes eat pizza for breakfast. These aren't health foods so I always feel a little guilty when I eat them, but sometimes I crave them.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Oh man, I have a number of guilty pleasures. I guess my main ones are chips, macaroni, and fried chicken. I could live on that stuff, but don't. I eat it maybe twice a month. I am dieting and trying to be healthy, but every once in a while I get a craving and decide to be "bad" and indulge on one of these.

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Right now, I am obsessed with cheddar cheese popcorn. It's crunchy, salty and cheesy which pretty much makes it perfect in my book. I just ran out yesterday so I have to make a quick trip to the grocery store today.

5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of guilty pleasures. My main guilty pleasure is chocolate, I sometimes have to stop from myself from eating it. I bought a whole bag of chocolates and ate it all within the hour. Been trying to eating healthy but its like chocolate calls my name(LOL). I always loved chocolate as a kid, my whole family knows that I love anything chocolate.

6. iagirl

iagirlMember

Threads:
    Chocolate, pizza & fried chicken. It used to be oreo cookies when I could eat them. I had to buy the 6 pack of cookies to keep from eating too many. Either way I was going to eat the whole package that day.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My guilty pleasure would be junk food, soda, and ice cream. I don't even have to go to the mall to buy those since there is a convenience store near my place, so that's the food that I buy often nowadays. I used to like Oreo cookies too, but I guess I kind of forgotten all about it.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pasta and chocolate! I can manage to be on a diet all week, but on the weekends I always cave in and have my chocolate and carbs. My favorite indulgence is pasta! I'm obsessed with it, as a good Italian descendent! I also can't live without chocolate!

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chocolate is the one thing in life I can not do without. I love chocolate covered peanuts, chocolate covered raisions, anything chocolate. Hot chocolate drinks, chocolate coffee, I have a sweet tooth so I will eat chocolate before I eat food.

10. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    The Milky Way chocolate bar! Recently one of my friends gifted me it as he bought it from a Duty Free airport in Dubai (a lot, if I may add), and I just can't help myself. They are big bars meant to be eaten in chunks over a period of weeks.

That stereotype doesn't stop me! Everyday, half of the bar goes missing for some reason! Where does it go? In my poor stomach. It's just so delicious, creamy (and it's white chocolate, my favorite!) that I just can't hold myself back!

11. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    My guilty pleasure is pizza. I ordered the $5.99 special from Domino's on Friday. Between myself and two neighbors, the pizza was eaten up. Of course, afterward, I wanted more, but pushed those thoughts out of my mind. Pizza is so good, especially when hot.

1a09c6a5.

12. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it would be beer. Not because "beer is bad for you" (studies say that up to 24 oz. of

!), but more because they ARE illegal-in-a-way!

What's wrong with pizza? It strikes me as the MOST-healthy food, a tribute to the 'all the goodness you need, all in one place'-ideals of Capitalism! (I 'pay my tithes' with a

- lately, a $6 medium ... though you probably need to give `em your location-info to get the ones they're offering you).

Many diets nowadays actually PLAN FOR a little 'junk-food'-binge! ;)

At least you haven't been duped into that whole 'chocolate comes from the cacao-plant, so it counts as a vegetable'-crowd (it really could count as a vegetable, but only if it's "dark" enough to taste more like coffee-grounds ... mmmm, coffee-grounds :p ...). That's a good safeguard against eating too much of it: not even regarding it as worthy of the word "food.'