What is your hobby?

Discussion in Travel started by Ashlee • Oct 1, 2014.

1. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone has his favorite leisure pursuit. Travelling is my favorite hobby. I love to explore the whole world. It gives me the huge collection of knowledge about the different cities and places. I have a huge bucket list. I have been visiting many places like Singapore, London, Malaysia, India, Japan, China, France, Italy, Switzerland, Dubai, Bangkok, Hawaii, Indonesia, New Zealand and Kenya. Now I have a plan of tours from washington dc to new york. I am very excited about it. What is your hobby?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like an amazing trip! I have always wanted to go to Washington D.C. and have been to New York. I like the MET tours the best and of course a Broadway show. My hobbies are not as adventurous. I like to do crafts. I make jewelry or whatever thing I can figure out to make. In fact, its quite liberating to realize you can make just about anything yourself food wise or object. My last creation was a kaleidoscope. I need to work on the outward appearance though - it worked but I think could have looked prettier.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    While you might not consider it a "proper" hobby, I enjoy my gaming and I consider it my hobby.
    It's what I want to do the most when I have nothing to do, so I say that qualifies :)
    I also love traveling of course, but I think that's universal, I'd definitely do a lot more of that if I had the possibility.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    For me it used to be gaming but lately I've given that up in favor of programming. I'm learning Java at at the moment and it's pretty fun - at least with this hobby I learn a new valuable skill, Java developers are sought after these days. Not to mention that gaming was becoming a bit expensive with all the consoles that I had to buy and the games that get released all the time.

5. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I have a few hobbies... I love crafting and couponing. :) I know couponing isn't a hobby for most, but I love it!! I also enjoy cooking and going to the movies. Traveling is also at the top of my list. We have been many places and there is nothing quite like being able to travel and explore new places with your family !!

Blessed !
    Danyel :)

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I think traveling is universal. I love it too. If I had a lot of money I would travel all the time.
    Gaming is also my favorite hobby especially the music/rhythm games.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apart from the obvious [3D modeling] which I talk about over and over, I love nature and camping gets me straight into its heart.

There are plenty of camping spots near where I live. Every fortnight I go camping and spend my weekend fishing. It's hard to find someone to accompany me but though it's better that way [you have someone to talk to] if I can't convince a fried to come along, I still head off to the wild alone. You do that two or three times, you get used to the solitude.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite hobbies are cooking and gardening. These relieve my stress especially when I come home from work after a long and tiring day. Aside from these, I also love spending time watching movies, reading books, and playing with my cats. :)

9. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    The all discussion is going very well. I am very happy to see all hobbies of you guys and I can understand everyone has his different taste. H.C. Heartland! Jewelry making is looking awesome. What type of other things you made? I am very curious about it. Can you show some pictures of your creations? Chiofthenorns! Gardening is also very nice hobby. Which types of plants you love to grow?

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds pretty awesome...I get wanderlust like crazy and if I had the money/opportunity for it, I'd definitely make traveling a hobby. Most of my hobbies are artistic in nature- I do a lot of graphic design, tattoo design, drawing and sketching and painting, photography and writing. I've also got a huge passion for cooking (and eating, too, lol) and I'm working on learning more about fusion cooking. Apart from that, I guess where the med student brain kicks in, I do study and research for fun. I love learning and make a constant effort too, particularly in terms of science, but also just in general.

11. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    My hobby is balisong. I play with my butterfly knife to help me improve my wrist for tennis.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to travel too but my work prevents me from traveling too much. We only have a limited number of vacation leaves the whole year through. I try to travel to local hotspots at least once a month. Our country's fairly underrated and unbeknown to many travel buffs, there are a lot of hidden wonders everywhere. I've gone to amazing hot springs and caves that people haven't heard of yet. That aside, my other hobbies include reading, writing, watching movies, daydreaming and trying to make a meaningful existence.

13. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    xTinx! I am glad to know about your hobbies especially the day dreaming. Well which type of dreams you would like to see? And what is the name of your country? I want to know about the hidden wonders of that region. The best part of your post is that to make your existence meaningful. I think it is the loveliest thing that we all should try in our daily routine.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've acquired many hobbies by now and the main problem I have is choosing which one to focus more time on. I like watching documentaries on my free time to learn about a vast variety of subjects in a short amount of time, and I also like playing music and doing graphic designs. I'm now currently looking into getting more into pet culture so I'm hoping to learn more and get some of my own soon.

15. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    DrRipley! Watching documentaries is a nice hobby but on which topic you wanted to see? I am sure you will get your own pet very soon. My brother is addicted of pets. He has a variety of them. I also like graphic designs. What type of stuff you have made? Let me show your pretty designs. Would you like to share some images of them on your next post? I will be waiting.

16. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    This is easy: my hobby is being a "daydreaming." Yeah, simply thinking of things I can become and do, is my hobby, but it most certainly is not productive. However, daydreaming in my opinion, is merely a perception to see the imaginable possibilities to inspire me to create, which is why I enjoy thinking it and may lead me to invent something successful in the near future - I hope.

17. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Valiant! Thinking and day dreaming is always very enjoyable but not very advantageous in the real life. You can just enjoy your thoughts and discussed them with others but it will be very difficult for you to get practical about it. What you say? Your day dreaming gives you any practical advantage?

18. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Ashlee! Of course I also have a favorite leisure pursuit, and luckily it is travelling like you. I love playing video games as indoor activity and travel as an outdoor activity. Both activities are my hobbies. So, according to time I decide to do my favorite activity….

19. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    roki123! Playing video games are an interesting hobby but travelling is more interesting than it. Here I would like to know which countries you have visited till now and what are your travelling plans for next winters? Would you like to share your experiences with me? I am waiting for your answer now.

20. florida2015

florida2015Member

Threads:
    Traveling is my number one hobby although I wish it were a full time job! I have been to Hawaii, Waikiki Beach, Washington, DC, Maryland, New York, Virginia, Florida, Texas, South Carolina, Bahamas and Georgia. I had opportunities to go to Germany, New Orleans and Paris but I didn't take them. Now I wish I had. It was so much cheaper and less complicated to travel then. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out a way to cheaply travel more, work less and retire early so I can travel all the time. I get so jealous of those middle aged couples you see when traveling and they are retired, golfing together, going to see the grand kids or driving the RV without a care in the world. It must be nice. also can't imagine what it would be like to be one of those couples that take those around the world cruises! Can you imagine? I love reading travel books, watching travel shows and taking travel pics too.