What is your most valued fix-it product that you keep in your vehicle?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by MrsJones • Jan 8, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    As I'm driving our vehicle more now that I'm not working I have become more conscious of the 'what ifs' that can happen when driving. The main thing is a flat tire. I imagine myself trying to change a flat tire or standing looking forlorn hoping a 'nice' person will help me. Now though thank God for mobile phones you're able to call for help. Anyway I did find a jack and the thingy to lift up the vehicle and the other thingy that takes off the lugs and there was a spare.

So, what would be your most valued fix-it product that you keep in your vehicle?

2. dwon30

dwon30New Member

Threads:
    my product

Let me just say I have a lot of problems with cars leaving on the side of the road. Always at the worst possible times and mostly different issues every time. I have a tools for this and tools for that just in case, but it seems I never have what I need when I need it. With that said there is one thing that I always keep (especially with older cars) that seems to be pretty common is a gallon of water. Overheating is bad enough and I have noticed that is usually happens just short of the next gas station or rest stop. Can't even tell you how many times a gallon of water has gotten me to a safe location where I can get some assistance.

3. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    You can't go wrong with the slotted screwdriver of Phillips In fact it's nice to have a set of screwdrivers, pliers I wrench and something sharp like cutter and a hammer just in case. And don't forget our wrench set and not just a cheap set, spend some money and buy yourself a decent set, and a flashlight always comes in handy. With those basic tools you'll be ready for almost anything.