What Is Your Shoe Budget?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by AutumnFall • Sep 14, 2015.

1. AutumnFall

AutumnFallMember

Threads:
    Currently, I own five pairs of shoes with four pairs costing under $30 each minus tax. The only pair of shoes I own that are over $30 are these nice black winter boots I had purchased a few years ago. They were $44.99 and they still feel and look great on my feet. My shoe budget is $30 or less for each pair I buy. Obviously, everyone is different and can purchase what they please. I just can't picture myself spending over $30 for one pair of shoes.

Does anyone feel the same way? What's the most amount you would spend on one pair of shoes? What's the least amount you would spend on one pair of shoes? I should note that I brought most of my shoes from Payless.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shoes are the one item in my budget that I am not able to limit the amount of money I can spend, I have a very wide foot and often can not find a shoe that will fit my foot less than $50 and that is on sale. Sports shoes like tennis shoes I wear men's shoes because they are wider at the toe. I only have 3 pairs of shoes because it is hard to find shoes, even the stores that say they have the wide sizes it still is hard to find a shoe to fit my foot.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a budget per se, it really depends on the kind of shoe and the level of necessity that I have. However, I always try to get shoes on sale no matter what. I don't spend a lot at all on shoes!

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:My budget for shoes is when you need one get one on sale. I wear my sneakers till they are ready to throw away. I economize with my footwear. Walmart has .98 flipflops that I wear for house slippers. I always am on the lookout for extremely cheap footwear. Living in the tropics is easy for footwear for we don't have to worry about snow. A good pair of sneakers, a pair of flipflops and nightwear is enough for me.

5. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    My shoe budget varies based on the style and type. For heel-less flats, I try not to pay over $30. For boots and high fashion heels, I go for $50 to $70. To me, these price ranges are reasonable for quality shoes. Feet are very important so keeping them healthy with well soled, sturdy shoes is important. Women often break this rule which is why we end up with bunions and a lot of other problems with age. I learned this the hard way and now I'd rather wear a moderately sexy shoe versus a smoking hot one.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    If it’s a pair I expect to wear quite frequently, I’m willing to get pretty spendy, around $75 or so, maybe more depending on the purpose. But then that’ll be the only pair of shoes I buy in six months to a year. I do like my cheap ’n’ cheerful shoes, but my personal pendulum has swung more toward buying fewer shoes of higher quality. Research is important; some of the pricier brands may not as high-quality as they ought to be, and some are pure status symbols, so always keep an eye out.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am one woman who loves shoes. With clothes, I have a budget to follow but with shoes, I'd say I have an unlimited budget. But don't mistake me for being extravagant. I normally buy a pair of shoes every quarter (3 months) so that's about 4 pairs in a year. However, when there is a sale in the mall, that 4 pairs would sometimes be 7 or 8 pairs in a year. But in fairness to me, I collect the old shoes and don't give it away.

8. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those people who would rather limit the amount of money I spend. As long as the shoe looks good then I won't mind paying under $100. Usually, you can find some for under $50 that looks pretty good.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I try to limit my budget by only buying shoes at around $30 and I guess the limit of the most expensive would be around $60 or around that price. I don't like buying shoes too cheap but I don't see the point in buying the most expensive ones either since they will only be worn out eventually. I don't have an overall budget but keeping it fairly cheap per piece helps me keep it within budget as I can know if I'm buying too many and even if I do I won't end up overspending too much.

10. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As I value my feet shoes are something I never skimp on - therefore as I'm not likely to get another pair if I don't look after them - quality and comfort are more important to me than price - along with the practicalities of whether they are versatile enough to go with most of my outfits.

However that doesn't mean that I always buy high end designer shoes or that I'm prepared to pay an extortionate amount either - as to be perfectly honest there is no reason to pay over the odds for a pair of high quality shoes - particularly as there are plenty of mid range shoes to choose from - that are not only stylish and comfortable - but are designed and constructed with foot health in mind.

So yes, to me - paying that little bit more for quality and comfort is very worthwhile - as not only am I looking after my feet - but as good quality shoes are extremely durable and stay looking good for a very, very long time - even with regular wear - they are really good value for money too.

11. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a shoe person, so I'd say my budget for shoes is limited. I do have five pairs of shoes, a ballet flats, two sandals, a rubber shoes, and flip flops. That's it lol. I usually just buy shoes in neutral colors or in black so that I can pair them with everything. I am much more a clothes person so I have a bigger budget for that.

However, I do believe that quality is important. I have a few pairs of shoes and they are all durable quality. They are not very expensive but they are in the mid-range I can say. I have them for a few years now and they still don't have any tears or dents. My flip flops are heavily used but they've been with me for five years now! They're from a brand called Ipanema which is a Brazilian brand.

My rubber shoes are also very durable and they're from Skechers. I use them whenever we go jogging which is about thrice a week. It still looks fairly new and still does the job for me.

12. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I really don't have a shoe budget. If I see a pair of shoes that I like and the price seems fair to me then I will get them. I will say this, I don't see myself spending over a $100.00 for one pair of shoes though.

13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What shoe budget??? lol. I just tend to buy shoes as I need them, and if i don't have the money to buy them in the store, I get them at a thriftshop or second hand store. The pair I have worn most of the summer came from there and look fine and are comfortable. Alot of my shoes I have had for years though and could use some updating. I did buy a great pair of riding style boots at Target last year,because they were on sale and looked fantastic.

14. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a budget as such, I just replace them as they wear out. I can never afford to spend too much and generally end up going to Tesco or Primark. I'm not too keen on paying over the odds for shoes and boots - I tend to wreck them pretty quickly as I do a lot of walking - but I don't mind shelling out for quood quality trainers.

15. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    My budget for shoes is high because I have very sensitive feet. I can not tolerate discomfort when it comes to shoes. Therefore, I must buy quality shoes, that are comfy and last a while. I end up paying anywhere from $20 - $50 a pair. The lower price is when I can catch a good sale.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will only spend as much as $75 on a pair of shoes, and those are usually rubber shoes. I think they look better than leather shoes and can usually last for years. With leather shoes, I would only go for as much as $35.

17. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a budget for shoes. I have large feet so when I can find something that fits, I usually buy it if it is well constructed and I know it will last me a long time. There are shoes I bought for $3 at Walmart that are still going strong! I love shoes, but they do not love me!

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I unfortunately learned that the hard way too. I just hate spending much money on shoes and I'm rather picky with clothes. I developed tendonitis now and it is most likely partly because I'm a sandals girl. I still think wearing sandals is okay. You just have to get a decent pair and not wear them all the time which I did.
    I would not spend more than 100 dollars for shoes at the absolute most but I do know that you can't opt for the cheap pairs for around 5 or 10 dollars that they would sell at Walmart. Otherwise you may weaken your feet too. This is especially true if you are a dancer jogger etc.