What is your source of water?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mistymi • Mar 25, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Or what type of do you drink? I'm trying to get more of my water from fruits and vegetables because I don't like the Arrowhead in my house. Drinking out the plastic water bottles makes me feel sick and I don't like how the water tastes from the jugs. I was thinking of buying a water filter for the Faucet, but faucet filters don't remove certain things. I've yet to look at other alternatives. There is refrigerator water too but the filter hasn't been changed in a long time.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We drink purified drinking water. They're pretty cheap than drinking mineral water, since 5 gallons costs less than $1. We have it delivered to our home. Before though, we used to just boil tap water from the faucet and we drink it. My friend used to drink tap water for the longest time and their health is ok, so I guess some tap water can be safe to drink, depending on your location.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have lived in places where there was no other water than rain water. I now know that it is too acidic and the tanks often are filthy even if they look clean on the surface. You can develop all kinds of problems from parasites, such as Giardia. I thought purified bottled water would be a good alternative, but was told that it often is dead water with natural minerals removed during various processing stages. The best option I found was to have a high quality filter installed in my kitchen. The tap water gets filtered through 9 different layers and it tastes really sweet and clean. Whenever I can, I try to drink natural bore water that has been tested.

4. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I usually drink bottled water which I thought was better than drink the fluoride infested water from the tap. Which I will admit I also drink on occasion but try not to. I am going to buy a water filter now though. Sounds as if that's the best option.

5. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    We have a filter, it removes chlorine, sediments, pesticides, etc. It was a bit more pricey, but in the long run will save us money and provide the best possible water. It depends where you live, but there are a lot of harmful substances in the public water system.

6. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    Mostly just from the tap. I trust it's clean enough. On the other hand fruits etc. Give also a lot of water of my daily needs.

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sort of morally and fiscally against bottled water. It is more environmental waste than anything. I don't mind tap water, but it sounds like in your case you'd benefit from a Brita pitcher. They are pretty affordable, and when you store them in the fridge you get cold water (no ice needed) and it does taste good. The filters aren't terribly expensive either and there are almost always coupons available to reduce the cost.

When I'm in the habit of drinking water, I find it very easy to do. For me, it is all about finding the right cup or water bottle. For a while it was a Nalgene for me. It was an easy way to keep track of how much I was drinking, and in my job at the time, it was the easiest way to keep water with me all day. Now, I stay home and take care of kids and run a household. I have these big pink plastic cups from Walmart or something. I don't know what it is, but I prefer one of them over a glass.

It holds about 16 oz. and I refill it 3-4 times a day, which is probably how much water I need to be drinking. I also use a straw. Again. A small thing that makes a big difference. Recently I bought a bag of limes that were going to go bad before I could use them all, so for the last week or so I've been squeezing a lime wedge into each refill... also loving that!

8. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to get a Brita filter for my sink or possibly a Brita pitcher for a long time now. Currently, I'm without a job and don't have the budget to buy bottled water, so I drink strictly tap water. I usually flavor it with something because I hate the taste. But the fact that it tastes bad alarms me because I don't know what it's in there. So once I can afford it, I'm definitely going with the filtered route. I think it will be worth it and isn't as wasteful as always buying bottled.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The Zero Water filter system works like 100x better than the Brita or Pur ones do - you can really taste the difference, it's practically like drinking distilled water. The down side of course is the costs of buying new filters, but also the inconvenience of having to wait for the water to go through the filter. I bought the large container for my fridge, but even then you can only filter a small amount of water at a time - so you have to keep adding more every 15 minutes or so until it is finally filled up. I tried to get into the habit of adding a glass to it every time I took a glass from it, but it was still a hassle.