What Is Your Weakness?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by gracer • Feb 2, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! :)

I have a self-confessed love for bags and shoes. Well, I don't own hundreds of them but whenever I go out in malls and shopping centers, they're the first things that catch my attention. I admire bags made of leather, whether man-made or genuine leather. When it comes to shoes, I really love stilettos and anything with Heels on them. I also love doll shoes because I use them on ordinary occasions when I'm just walking around here and there. They're very comfortable and light on my feet.

How about you? What's your weakness when it comes to shopping? What is the first that catches your attention every time you go to the mall? I'd love to hear about them.

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure a suckered for clothes and accessories. I love shopping for these items and it does not matter to me much of I am going to a department store or a thrift shop to get them. There is something about having new things to wear that makes me feel good inside.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know how you feel for I'm that way with pens and mechanical pencils. Even if I really don't need it I'll buy it. Well, my Mom went to the Senior Fair one year and got some free pens. Now every year I go to the same Senior Fair and get some pens too now that I'm a Senior Citizen and that stopped me from getting pens and pencils wherever I go. Free is best!

4. EllieTamal

EllieTamalNew Member

Threads:
    Clothes, jewelry, bags, shoes ... I like multitude and very bright colors:)

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    She's get my attention the most. If I had unlimited funds I'd buy lots of shoes at the mall all the time. Whenever I walk past shops with shoes on display I can't help but look and if I look I know I'll want to buy. Some days I really need to control myself and thankfully I am able to help it but that's mostly because I can't really afford to buy a lot anyway. There are times when I'm just online window showing and I know if I look at shoes I'll just make myself go crazy so I try and avoid it.

6. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    Almost everything grabs my attention to be honest haha. I am always like "oooh I want that, I want that too, oooh that I must have." I really LOVE to shop; it always makes me so excited. Everything looks great to me, and then I want it ALL. My saved lists are ridiculously long. Sometimes I stop saving because everything is grabbing me towards it. It's almost as if it's all talking to me, or trying to persuade me to get it...

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love eating in restaurants. I should probably go once a month, and for me it is more like once a week. I love to cook so it isn't even like I can't do it. I guess I just don't always feel like cooking..and it is just easier to get something to eat in the community. I also am a bit of an impulse buyer. I see something that catches my eye and in the cart it goes, whether I want it, need it or can afford it.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My weakness in shopping is blazers. That is my standard attire in the office since I am not obliged to wear the office uniform anymore. What's prescribed of officers are semi-formal. And I play safe by using a blazer. That means I can wear a shirt and cover it with a blazer. When in the mall, my husband would always choose our path so I do not see the stores with their display of blazers. Even when we go abroad, I never fail to bring home at least 1 blazer.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have two shopping weaknesses. The first one is journals. I have no idea why. I love buying journals. I have a box of unused journals, but it if I something that strikes my fancy, I will still buy it. Sometimes I give them away as gifts. It's hard though.

My second weakness is handbags. I don't really like to purchase black purses. I use purses to add color to my outfit. So I have a variety of bags in different colors and styles.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My weakness is food most of the time. I can resist not to buy clothes and shoes, but I can't help but buy bags and pouches when I see cute ones. I currently have a lot of them now as my collection.

11. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I can relate with you a whole lot. Lol :D The shoe sections of department stores never miss my eyes and most of the things I see are to my liking. When I know I have the budget, I won't go home without a pair of new shoes but when I don't have the money I would just be contented appreciating them for the mean time until such time that I get to buy a pair again.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I know what you mean. I find it especially difficult to control myself when I pass by store windows that have designs I like on display with great lighting. During these times I really wish I did have unlimited funds and if I did I probably will spend most of it on shoes. Though, I guess if I have built enough of a collection I may be more inclined to slow down, but then again, as pairs get old and used I start to want new ones again. The cycle is vicious and endless, but they really are one of my favorite things.

13. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Purses with compartments, especially if it's a crossbody or shoulder bag. I don't care about labels (except Liz Claiborne) but anything with little outer hardware (e.g. metal studs, zippers) is hard to pass up - big or small. Also, I love platform sneakers and butter.

14. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm... Everything catches my attention when I'm in the mall, lol. But I think, right now, it has to be clothes. Whenever we go to the mall, I can't help but browse through the department store and look for clothes, either for me or my son. And when there are sales, goodness, I can be in the mall for hours and not notice how time passes by. Haha! But the good thing about me is that I don't really purchase what I don't need, I just love looking around and seeing clothes, clothes and clothes.

But there was a time that I was addicted to makeup and skin care. I used to buy makeup despite having no use for it. I hoarded lipsticks even though I wear tints. Haha! And I even bought foundations even though I'm a powder and moisturiser kind of girl. With skin care, I used to try out anything new in the market. Luckily, as I became a mother, I realised how wasteful I've been. Now, I stick to one moisturiser/oil which is for my face and body already. With makeup, it's just powder and lip tint for me. Haha!

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Makeup that I don't need and books and clothes. I can't stop looking for clothes online! It's like I just have to see what else is out there and there is always a sale online. I sound like an addict now!

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me the one thing I will most likely buy that I probably didn't plan to is food — Crisps, biscuits, etc. That's why I try to shop no more than once in a week because I'm sure there's a high likelihood that I'll be spending more than I should even if I go shopping with a list.