What Item Do You Have Absurd Quantities Of?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by hellavu • Feb 2, 2015.

1. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a shoe girl by any stretch and I don't think that I have this many of anything -- I have a few pants and I recall this girl saying how she has 21 pairs of jeans and I was just like, what? Then she proceeded to tell me she only really wore three, which confirmed to me that 21 really was too much.

I do have many dresses, though, and t-shirts, but I don't think it should count. Should it? What do YOU have way too many exemplars of?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say I also have quite a lot of jeans, but not anywhere near your friend's. But for me it's not such a huge deal, it's down to the individual. I too probably only wear maybe three pairs out of all those, because I buy each item of clothing with a specific purpose. Some of my jeans are to pricey and good quality for every day wear, for instance.

Something I have an insane amount of and will carry on adding to? Scarves! I love, love scarves. Not those woolen ones. Nice fashion (cotton) ones. I have infinity ones, dainty ones, loooong ones. I just can't stop collecting them. I have a penchant for the skull ones, too and have I think about three different ones :)

3. jcort

jcortMember

Threads:
    Shoes. I have way too many shoes, but I like them all and I DO wear them all. I could easily sit in my closet and justify why I have 3 pairs of black dress flats and 6 pairs of flip flops. I know I have duplicates, but the shoes are all slightly different, and I love how my shoes can reflect my mood for the day.

Besides, women's shoes are so different from men's shoes. For women, the weather really makes a huge difference for what you choose to wear. No way am I going to wear heels when we get 4 inches of snow, for example.

Still, I'm amazed that my husband is content with his 5 pairs.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I've said a lot I'm not a fan of clothes but I do have a whole drawer full of underwear. I'm not sure that it would be classified as absurd or not but I probably don't wear them all. As a woman it's good to have more than enough because you'll have a lot of messes in your life if you know what I mean.
    If that doesn't count I've sworn off most jewelry. The average person would probably say I don't have too much but I don't like to accumulate enough to clutter my space but I am often weak for jewelry as it is often shiny.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Makeup! I am not a fashion addict... I have a big amount of clothes and shoes, but nothing outrageous. However I do have a huge makeup collection, it is the one thing I am obsessed about and can't get enough of!

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I probably have way too much makeup. I literally have a tackle box full. I use a lot of the make up on my models though and I got some of it for free, so it's not to awful, haha. I also have waaaay to many plain t-shirts. They're fitted tees, but I needed to wear a plain black shirt as part of the "uniform" for the one job I had, so I ended up with a crap ton of plain black tees. They're all hole-y, and seams coming apart, with tiny holes and stains, so I've got to get rid of most of them.

7. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I have drawers FULL of lingerie. The funny thing is that I hardly ever wear it because I find it uncomfortable. I believe in the year that I've been with my boyfriend I've put on something sexy to bed once. I prefer to sleep nude, and he actually likes over sized t-shirts and little shorts. I have a problem lol

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Pill bottles. I have been drinking supplemental pills for years, and I don't like to just throw away the bottles that I have already emptied because although now, I don't find them any use yet, I think sooner or later, I'd be really able to use them, or that someone's gonna need them. I simply just don't want them to go to waste despite that they already look like clutters because of their quantities.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm an absolute nerd so I have an absurd collection of books in my room. I have two shelves full of books and they're practically overflowing. Worse, I can't seem to find enough time for arranging them. I've been going in and out of a room that looks like a printing press storage. I'm thinking of selling some of my books and graduate school papers to reduce the clutter. If only I'm not so sentimental about keeping things.

10. vivivivicky

vivivivickyNew Member

Threads:
    The amount of black v-neck t-shirts I have is probably considered absurd. Yes, I've broken out of the box a bit and added some v-neck dark grey shirts (whoaaa!) but I have almost a full drawer bursting with black tees. When I find a brand or style that I like, I've started buying two or three of them at a time, since it seems like many brands can be "hit or miss" in terms of fit and longevity.

11. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Stretch camisoles. I wear these to death because they give me a little extra support. But they do tend to wear out fast. So whenever I see them around at thrift stores or bargain stores, I buy a few. When I had some extra cash I bought like 50 of them in whatever colors were available. But that was awhile ago, and I could use some new ones.

12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I am a bookworm who happens to be a book hoarder. I don't know the exact number of all my collected books now because I have already lost count of them. But I like looking at my bookshelf and staring at all that amazing clutter of literature. It feels kind of euphoric actually.

13. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    I just moved into a new apartment and discovered that I have way too many boxes - the plastic ones that you throw things in for storage, even if you set them out so they're at least organized. I am going to need to get rid of some of them but not until my last box is unpacked because I don't want to buy any more of them LOL

14. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have absurd quantities of toilet roll. For 2 reasons. I used to be a very keen prepper, and used to keep 100 rolls in roation, but now it's because of special offers.

I found out that I could buy 36 rolls on offer for £5 for a limited time. I now have 720 rolls of toilet paper in my attic. I suppose at least I will never need to buy them again for years.

15. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I have absurd quantities of used bond papers consisting of old documents like manuals, research papers, etc.. I just can't give it away (to junkshops) or throw it (definitely no). I'm using it little by little as scratch paper for printing (on the backside) or cutting it into small sizes and use as notepads. :)

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have lots of shirts because I never throw any of them away. When a shirt gets old, it simply gets downgraded for me into something I just wear at home, which I find nice because I get to look good even when I'm at home. When they are in that stage they can get as used as possible and I still would probably not throw them out.

17. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    De-Icer. Seriously, I don't know what my parent's obsession with this stuff is, but they buy like 10 bottles of it every time they see it on sale at places like Big Lots, then load up the trunk of my car with them. In addition to that, they throw in like several sets of jumper cables (because one is not enough apparently), and all kinds of other extreme weather stuff for our cars. They even keep all this crap in the trunk during the summer months. What's frustrating is not only is all this crap sliding back and forth while I am driving and banging around, but I cannot fit any bags of groceries or other stuff in my trunk when I am shopping.

Then they fill every pocket or compartment inside my car (and their cars too) with tons of napkins, straws, pens, pencils, tablets, first aid stuff, it's ridiculous. It's not like I'm traveling across Antarctica or the Serengeti...

18. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have too many of the shirts. I just love them. I know I can not wear half of them but I definitely love to have a huge collection. It makes me feel really good and happy. I do believe that having lots of clothes can definitely make you feel very proud about yourself and be happy with which you are.

19. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I do have a ton of clothes, but I'm not going to worry about that :p

Otherwise I have always had a ton of Bath and Body Work hand soaps, I have always stockpiled those when they go on sale. I always end up giving them away to friends and family because I look at them and think when will I ever get through all these? Since they changed the formula though I have stopped buying it, so I've finally whittled down my pile and don't think I'm going to stockpile them again.

20. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I have an absurd amount of writing pads. I have them in a selection of sizes and transparency for different purposes, including for smashbooks, shopping lists, poetry, drawings, sketching, and others I cannot even remember now. I didn't have a digital notebook because I didn't have a portable laptop at that time. I don't worry about them, but I think I could make better use of them.