What Kind Of Bra Do You Prefer To Wear?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Dec 31, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never liked wearing bras with underwires and push-up bras. I prefer wearing sport bras and regular bras, since I don't like my boobs to look bigger than they really are. How about you, which bra type do you prefer to wear? Do you prefer a particular brand?

#1Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  2. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Typically I like wearing push up bras -- unless I am at home - in which case I love a good sturdy sports bra. I buy a lot of them but I like them to have really good support.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You still wear a bra even when you're just at home? And a tight sports bra at that? When I wear one, I feel itchy from time to time, but I like it the most, since the "raisins" get pretty squashed and concealed. Regular bras don't consistently do a good job in that area.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't really like wearing bras, but I have to as I have a large chest and have done since I was like thirteen. When I'm at home, I much prefer to wear sports bras for comfort. If I'm going out though, it has to be a nice fitting balconett bra , t-shirt bra or minimising bra; depending on the outfit of course. I'm a weird size because although I have a large chest, I'm only petite. I wear a whopping size 32E, and those are hard to find. My trusty stores for bras are Marks and Spencer, La Senza and Bravissimo :)

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to wear underwire bras or sports bras for support. If I don't have support I don't feel comfortable. I'm a 32G so most bras have big straps for support and there isn't as much choice as there was when I was 32C which was so much easier to manage. Once I find a bra I like I tend to bulk buy them and wear them out, but they are expensive, so when I find some on sale I snap them up.

6. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    For me it depends where I am and what I'm doing. If I'm working out or going to be doing heavy housework I put on a sports bra for support and comfort. If I'm going out to a fancy event I'll wear a push up bra. If I'm just lounging around at home I'll wear whatever's oldest and/or most comfortable, or nothing at all.

I agree that when you find bras on sale you have to snap them up... the cost for something that so many people need is really out of control in my opinion.

7. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I like to wear minimizer bras when I go out. I am very blessed in that area so I want to wear a bra that will help make them look smaller. I would like to find one that is good for support as well. It is really hard to find the right bra. I would like to go without wearing one, but I can't do that unless I am home and I know I won't be expecting anyone to come over. I will get a lot of attention if I decide to go braless out in public. LOL!

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Being a girl with a modest chest, I am only a 36A, and I thought that D was the largest size, so I guess I was wrong, lol. I also wear the oldest and most loose bras at home, and if the shirt is thick and dark, then I wear no bra. Wearing a bra feels uncomfortable and itchy if it's too tight. Going braless in public is not popular in Asian culture, but in the US it seems common for non-conscious women, like Paris Hilton, lol.

9. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer a sports bra for everyday wear and especially when the weather is cold. I lack any rack, so to speak, but never go braless as I am paranoid about sagging! The price of bras is terrible isn't it? It's like the manufacturers KNOW that we have no choice but to buy them and so jack the price up as high as they can. I bet they would be a whole lot cheaper if men had boobies!

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the prices of branded bras are expensive. You're better off buying them on sale or buying those non-branded or the inexpensive brand of bras, it can make you save a few bucks. I'm browsing bras online now since you mentioned the price, and the brand SO-EN (local brand) has pretty cheap bras compared to Wacoal.

11. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    Due to pain in my back and spine, I typically prefer sports-type bras and prioritize comfortable straps over looks. I would love to be able to wear cute bras with adorable designs, but most are too painful. On a side note, I agree that push-up bras are unappealing due to their lack of truth of certain areas. I would rather advertise myself as I am rather than advertise a lie to attract others.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I like wearing push up bras just because a lot of "regular" bras don't give me nearly enough support, I don't need to make my chest look any bigger, I just need the support lol. I like sports bras too but I hate how expensive they are overall.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have big breasts and need all the support I can get! I like underwires and full cups, those that really support your breasts. I also like bras with thicker straps and those that are larger on the sides as well. I only wear sports bras to go to the gym, and I never wear bras without underwires because I don't feel they give me the sport I need.

14. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I can't wear a bra that isn't underwired I just don't feel supported. At home I don't wear a bra don't mind padded bra's for an extra bit of cushioning. I don't own a sports bra, I don't like them. My partner told me that he watched a documentary or something and they tested women who wore bras all the time and women who didn't to see later in life which would sag more. The women who didn't wear a bra were perkier than those that did. Strange eh.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like an underwire bra with wide straps for the support. When I was more active , I used to have a couple of sports bras ,but since I don't work out anymore, they just sit in a drawer. I have a couple of strapless and convertible bras in case a wear a shirt with straps.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not that opposed to push-up bras because I pick out those that fit me just fine and don't make my chest look uberly large. When I wear fitting clothes, I go for regular bras since they don't exaggerate my chest's actual size. I also wear regular bras but they do make your front look saggy. Hence, I try not to wear them when I sport loose casual outfits. Sport bras are only ideal during workout sessions.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? I don't notice my boobs looking saggy when I wear regular bras. Maybe the shoulder garter just needs to be adjusted and tightened?

18. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I used to be someone who would always wear a bra, even to sleep in. I couldn't even understand why anyone of ample size would go braless, even at home. Until I finally got to the point where continually wearing them without a break started to get more and more uncomfortable. Now as soon as I walk in the door, I take mine off. But I always wear stretch camies, two at a time, with or without a bra on, they really help support.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If your bra is new or really tight, then wearing one feels really constricting and even itchy, so you're inclined to take them off asap. But when the bra is a bit old and not that tight anymore, then it's ok for you to wear one at home, even if your sleeping.

20. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    I have to wear bras that don't have an under wire because I have costochondritis, which is when the cartilage around your ribs in your chest is inflamed. If I wear a bar that has an under wire, then it basically digs into the part of my rib cage that's inflamed and it hurts a lot! I was actually able to find a really great bra without any under wire in it at WalMart for like $5 once! I really need to go and look for another one just like it!