What kind of Christmas Cookies are you baking?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Dec 16, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you baking Christmas cookies this year? If so, what kind(s)? Maybe you make candies, fudge, or other treats. Let us know. I think my favorite Christmas treat is homemade fudge, but then again, I am a chocoholic. I do like cookies too. There are so many fancy ones that look so pretty, but I think I prefer just good old sugar cookies. Well, unless there's chocolate chip. Then there's a tie.

What kind of holiday cookies do you like? Are you making anything special this Christmas?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I'm pressed for time (you never get enough rest during the holidays, anyway), I'd go for the usual oatmeal chocolate chip cookies since they're easy to prepare. However, should I have enough time to spare, I'd probably bake Santa cupcakes and Christmas Tree Sandwich cookies if not Santa Hat cookies - all with a dash of chocolate. I simply look through the Pillsbury website for new recipes.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I never wait for the holidays to make some cookies or buy them if time doesn't permit. Though, I do find myself making at least ten times as much to simply carry me over the next week or so. My favorite cookie to make is the classic chocolate chip but I have been looking up how to make a white chocolate cookie with fudge chunks.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go with peanut butter cookies, or good ol' chocolate chip cookies. I do like mixing dark and white chocolate chips together, I feel that it gives the cookie more variety in flavor instead of that single chocolate taste.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bake as healthy as possible, so I'm sure anything I make will bore everyone here lol. Before I quit processed foods though, I filled my home with a million and one types of cookies and aside from the usual crowd pleasers, my favourites were eggnog thumbprint cookies, cranberry bliss cookies and white chocolate cherry shortbread. They'd probably make me sick now lol, but they were so stinkin' good!

6. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    We are definitely baking Gingerbread cookies, and building a Gingerbread House! I think it is perfect for bonding with family members. There are ready-made Gingerbread houses in boxes that you can build on your own. Sugar glue is what we will use, and the recipe is usually found on the box as part of its instructions. It is also available in the internet. Using frosting to design this Gingerbread House is also exciting.

Since this is a seasonal treat, some of these ready-made houses go on sale as Christmas day nears, so one can opt to purchase it already or wait until a rebate for this product has been created.