what kind of consumer are you?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by APluckeyduck • Apr 20, 2013.

1. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I came across this article which describes how our shopping trends are used to determine the type of shopper you are. What demographic do you fall under and do you agree that these categories are somewhat biased? My demographic is not an accurate depiction of my television viewing, nor does it fully depict my shopping habits. Here is the link

News

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Well to an extent it is possible that demographics plays a part of how we shop, but I wouldn't say that it is real accurate. I mean in an urban area you probably won't have many people spending thousands every time they go shopping, but you may have some. In wealthy areas, you may have most people shopping in high class stores and then you will probably have some shopping at Walmart.

I guess to get numbers to market to the majority for the area, it is possible that it helps the marketers. But on the other hand, you won't be completely accurate with this. I have lived in a more urban area and I have also lived in the wealthiest county in our state before. I have seen a big difference in shopping patterns between the places.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I know they don't speak for me because I hate shopping and when I do, I get what is on my list and that's it. And another thing I do not do is shop every day nor week. I am just not a shopper and when I do go shopping I get everything I am going to get in that one shopping trip and be done.

4. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Well, I do not even own a television and the only thing I ever buy is food so I am not sure where that places me. I just shop around for the best deal. If I find something is cheaper in a top-of-the-line shop then I will buy it there. I am not particularly interested in where I buy something or how I look if I buy it from a specific shop or chain of shops. I am not sure if they have a "consumer category" called "skinflint".

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    To be quite honest I hate going shopping, I only go when I have too of course but I am not one to be going from store to store shopping and browsing, I go in get what I need and I am out of there. I have friends that will spend hours shopping and maybe buy one thing or sometimes too many things, I just don't see how you can spend so much time shopping, lol. But I guess some people like to go shopping and enjoy looking around and all, but I will pass on that one, lol.