What kind of cooking pots do you use?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • Jun 14, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In Australia it is quite common to use aluminium pots for cooking, but I was told that that the aluminium ends up in your body and can cause a lot of damage.
    I have always used stainless steel or ceramic pots. I don't like the non-stick type of pans or anything that has a coat of paint on it.
    How about you? What do you mostly cook in? Earthenware, stainless steel, glass?

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    My cooking pots are stainless steel with a copper plate built in to the bottom for better distribution of heat. Years ago I splurged of better quality pots rather than buying the cheaper versions. It was a good investment as they are all still in good shape twenty five years later. They don't look as pretty anymore but they still do the job and I don't foresee a need for replacements in the near future.

Aluminum has been linked to alzheimers and it was once thought that the pots may have increased the amount of aluminum in our bodies. That link has never been confirmed. There are other sources of aluminum such as deodorants that also increase our aluminum content. If you are concerned, make sure you don't leave water in an aluminum pot for a long period of time before consuming it. This is similar to storing alcohol on old lead crystal decanters which has been found to pick up the lead.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have some aluminum and some stainless steel. Those are actually the same pots my mom and grandma gave me when I went to college! They were good quality back then, so I never even got other ones. I don't cook very often, so I don't plan on buying a new set of pots and pans anytime soon.