What Kind Of Movie Would You Make?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 10, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If a big Hollywood producer were to call you tomorrow morning to tell you he or she is giving you millions of dollars to fund a new movie, what type of movie do you think you would pitch?

I would seriously think of doing a reboot of an old classic, and I'd probably pick Spawn. I loved the original version very much, and I thought it was relatively well made, especially for the low-tech era it was made in, but I think it would be great to see it now made with the use of modern technology. I wouldn't slap a million CGI effects on there, though, I would love to see the material get treated with a bit more respect kind of like Nolan's Batman, but I wouldn't play it as straight forward as he did and I'll probably still try to keep it relatively campy.

How about you guys? Pretend I'm a Hollywood producer calling you, what movie would you pitch me? :) Or at least, what genre of movie do you think you would make? Adventure, Horror, Action, or Romance, perhaps?

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I would do a spiritual-paranormal-philosophical movie. I'd want my name to be behind something that got people to step outside the box and think. I love movies like V for Vendetta, Taken tv movie series (Steven Spielberg), the Matrix series, Cloud Atlas, The Lord of the Rings series, and Celestine Prophecy. My movie would combine elements from all these movies. I'd want my movie to be watched over and over again, and remembered long after my death.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most action movies are multi-generic so I'd go for the action genre. Then. . .

I'd make a character-driven love story that's about betrayal and the regaining the lost trust. Quite naturally they'll be some fancy shoot-outs, a little unarmed combat and a corrupt cop. Hmmm? Doesn't sound like the movie you'd want to watch but given the dough, that's certainly the movie I'd make and risk making a huge loss.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Probably an X-Rated movie. That's my dream. Haha. But if that doesn't happen, then I'll just settle for animated movies instead. I love to draw and I love animated movies. I'll probably do a little better dealing with animation rather than dealing with real actors. I actually dream of one day being able to create my own animated movie even if it is in simple 2D. Then probably I'll work my way up to 3D.

5. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    A superhero movie I already have in mind for the longest time. I've thought out this new superhero on my own with the plot and everything during my free time. If a miracle does happen, I'm going to make my story into reality.

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I'd do an animated flick about a woman who is dealing with life, pop culture and dating in this crazy world we live in. It would be an exaggerated version of my life with weird friends, crazy relatives, and insane wardrobe. The dialogue would be built around puns and satire instead of profanity or goofy types of humor.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Probably a coming-of-age movie with a little bit of romantic comedy, something like a combination of Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Fault in our Stars. ;) I'd also love to make a suspense thriller too with a serial killer in it. :D

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I was to make a movie I'd make a lesbian romance movie. If you notice, all of the lgbt movies out there are about that topic - being lgbt. There are no movies out there where the characters just happen to be lgbt, with something else as the main plot. I'd make a lesbian romantic comedy, since most lesbian movies are usually a little bit dark, or end in death, or whatever. Something light, funny, and romantic.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll give myself 10 years in the industry before I start delving into hardline philosophical, psychological and suspense movies. Romantic comedy, historical epic, action-adventure and fantasy films appeal more to me so my first few films would probably revolve around these genres. I prefer light and easy subjects that don't require deep thinking so that the movie-making would be more enjoyable and less stressful. It helps especially when you're still starting out. I won't wander off the Indie path until I accumulate enough experience.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Probably an overstylized, all out nonstop action movie. Something like Robert Rodriguez or Tarantino's works. Or like Shoot 'Em Up/Judge Dredd. Somehow, these are the only movies that I care about anymore, kind of got tired of all the other genres...

11. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I don't know for sure which genre I'd choose, as long as they're well acted I don't care if it's horror or romance. I don know that my movie wouldn't entertaincliches like the hero always getting the girl in the end and the good guys always winning.

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have actually worked in film a bit, and what I am most interested in is producing documentaries. I do like stories though, so I'd likely just turn over a script and let someone else handle the production part of it - that's really how it works in most instances anyway.

13. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Silent musical film is the one that I'm going to make. Because I really like music, and I know a lot of people who play music, and even I myself play, resources would be easy. Also, it's really very cheap, even if you want really grand. No special effects needed, or at least minimal, no CGI's. I think I'd be able to pull it really well.

14. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I'd probably make a vintage-musical romantic comedy. All my favorite genres in one! It would center on the 1920s and the setting and fashion would be 'The Great Gasby'-ish. But the songs would be more 1950s. Whoa, I hope it won't appear confusing!