What Kind Of Shampoo Do You Use For Dandruff?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by suegiplaye • Jul 13, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I have a really itchy , flaky scalp. My hair itches all the time. I hate that it makes me scratch my hair all day. I think people might think I have lice instead of just dandruff. I was wondering what shampoo do you guys use if you are suffering from dandruff? I have locs so I use a Jamaican shampoo that soothes my hair , but only for a short period of time.

2. Erin Sagisi

Erin SagisiNew Member

Threads:
    I used to have a bad case of dandruff. I was always uncomfortable and scratching my head. What the worst part was that whenever I would scratch I saw the flakes which disgusted me. The shampoo that saved me was Head and Shoulders. Head and Shoulders was such a life saver for me. I honestly had instant itch relief and made me happy. Within a week, I was dandruff and itch free. The plus with Head and Shoulders is that it is very cheap and can be found at any drugstores like Walgreens or CVS. Not only is this brand inexpensive but smells great! I hope you find instant relief like I did. Good luck!

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use any kind of shampoo to cleanse my hair. But speaking of dandruff, shampoo wouldn't matter. What I do is to apply oil on my scalp. Any kind of oil will do but I prefer coconut oil although sometimes I use baby oil. The oil is left for at least 2 hours on my scalp, the longer, the better. And for severe dandruff, I blow my scalp with the hair dryer. The effect is like applying hot oil on my scalp. Truly a great way to control dandruff.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Clear, Head And Shoulders, and Nizoral. I think among the 3, it's Nizoral that is the most effective. When I used Clear and Head And Shoulders, the dandruff was still there, it didn't get rid of them instantly.

5. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    You need a shampoo that contains Pyrithione Zinc. Pyrithione Zinc is the best method to treat it, everything else falls really short.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Head and shoulders should do the trick, or you can try Nizoral. Nizoal is more expensive a shampoo but works very well. You can usually buy it in a 2 pack at Costco and save money that way.

7. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    If Head and Shoulders does no do the job, try something with coal tar as an ingredient (be careful it can bleach dyed hair). In between use scalpicin or an equivalent generic to stop the annoying itch and massage the scalp to lift the flakes before shampooing--a paddle-shaped hairbrush with rubber tips can help with that or even a pet's rubber grooming mitt if you have short hair. I have had this problem for years but this regime has eliminated the itch and the flakes.

8. Poweclai

PoweclaiNew Member

Threads:
    I'm another fan of head and shoulders. Have used it for years, clear, un itchy head now :)
    If I run out and forget too buy it, within a few days it's back too flaky scalp.
    There are a few different shampoos containing tar, they are meant to be really good too.
    Try a few and see what works best for you xXx

9. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I use Head and Shoulders for any dandruff problem I have. The thing that really helped me get rid of dandruff was rinsing very well after shampooing my hair. Sometimes we inadvertently leave some small amount of shampoo on our scalps and that's the main reason for the dandruff problem. This is not the case for everyone, but taking the time to rinse everything off as well as you can works wonders.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Looks as though Head & Shoulders comes highly recommended. I've heard of quite a few people using the coconut oil for the same purpose too so I guess it just boils down to whether you want a natural option or not. Or of course, the best value.

11. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard that Head And Shoulders is a good shampoo to take care of dandruff. Although I have never thought to use shampoo as a means of getting rid of dandruff. I say this because sometimes I suffer from it too. I usually tend to put oils in my hair like coconut oil. I also recently bought raw shea butter but that goes for the strands of my hair, not the scalp.