What kitchen item/tool could you not do without?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kinser • Apr 17, 2012.

1. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I love, love, love my crockpot. I don't really like to cook, so my best meals come from the crockpot. I like the fact that the kitchen isn't a mess right before dinner - it's cleaned up from preparation hours before. I think my favorite meal to make in the crockpot is homemade chicken soup. What kitchen tool could you not live without?

2. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    My good old fashioned just like grandma used to have cast iron skillet. It's as black as midnight it's seasoned so well and nothing sticks to it. It gets used at least once per day, often more. It will last forever and won't break or get thrown out to clutter up a landfill like so many cheap things do these days, but it also wasn't really all that expensive. In fact, there are stainless steel skillets that cost more. Lodge still makes good stuff. Oh, and I can take it camping and cook on a fire with it too. I really love that skillet.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    My wok. Like Mariaandrea's skillet, it's really well seasoned, and in use most days of the week, and not just for cooking stir fries. Sorry to be a copycat, but I take it camping as well, because then I can do one pot meals that only need one burner and cut down on the washing up. I think we must have been twins who were separated at birth, because we agree on so many things when we run into each other.

4. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    Microwave oven! I cook in it, I heat dishes, coffee.. I love it! It's fast and helthy! I make one dish with zucchini, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, garlic and chees on the top! A little bit of salt and water and cook it for 10-15 minutes. It's great and you won't gain weight!

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    My knife. Everything else in my kitchen I can replace but not my knife. Its been with me since cooking school. The handle is molded perfectly to my hand (or maybe its vice versa,) the weight is exact every time - it's betrayed me a few times but never failed me when I needed it. Absolutely, positively, hands down - my Chef's Knife

6. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    I have a little grid chopper that makes it very easy for me to chop onions. You just open the lid, place a piece of onion on top, and then press the lid down. The onion is laying on top of sharp metal grid, so you get perfectly diced onions in one little whack.

I love that thing because I'm clumsy with a knife!

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I just discovered which kitchen appliance I cannot live with a couple of weeks ago when the blender broke. Oh, dear, I really do use it a lot. So, now it is time for a new one but even when you buy an excellent brand, they break after a year or two. I reckon they make them to break not work nowadays...

So, blender it is! (-:

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    My stainless steel dutch oven. My mom got it for me at a garage sale years ago. It is used and abused on an ongoing basis. It has helped me make many hundreds of meals over the years. I can deep fry, stir fry, oven roast, and even have used it on my charcoal BBQ. I love it because after using it, I just rinse it out and throw it into the dishwasher. It comes out clean every time. I think my mom paid a whole $0.50 for it!

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, man, I wish I had a crockpot! It would make my life so much easier, haha! I only have a regular pot, which I have to keep watching to make sure my food doesn't burn.

10. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I can't do without my coffee pot. It's not at all fancy and you can't program it or anything, but it gets the job done. If I had to choose between having coffee from my coffee pot or food from the oven, I would be eating sandwiches and cereal.

11. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I think my microwave oven. Cause I come home late, on a rush, pop something in and eat. Nothing fancy though, some NEO or something like that for a brand. Got it at a decent price 6 months ago and works fine.

12. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Hey friend, you can use a timer. I have one, kitchens timers are fun to have, mine looks like an apple, but there aer many more that can actually make your kitchen more fun.

Other than that, I use my beater more often as I usually make sauces for almost everything. I beat lemon and oil to fishes, flour and buttermilk for meat and many more!

13. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I would have to say my favorite kitchen item would have to be my microwave. I heat so many meals in it, I use to reheat leftovers or steam veggies just about everyday. Instead of boiling water for something small, like hot chocolate, I usually heat some water in a mug. Although it is hard to live without some other items. I use my knifes daily and my crock pot weekly.

14. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I would have to say my cutting board. I am pretty much in love with it. I prepare just about everything on it whether it needs sliced of not. I'm very picky about food touching my counters.

15. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Probably my blender. I went for a long time without having one and got one for Christmas. Now that I have it, I use it on everything - to make soup, smoothies, crushed ice, etc. I love making icy drinks with it! I know it's so simple, but for some reason I just never got one.

16. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    Well, it's a toss- up between my cast iron skillet, and my Old Hickory knives. I chop up stuff with the knives, and throw it in the skillet! No matter what I cook, I use these almost every time.

17. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    I couldn't live without my mum's wok. Moreover, I think I couldn't do it without the microwave oven, it's really useful and practical. It doesn't cook as well as a regular oven, but it helps you a lot when you are running out of time...

18. vxacid

vxacidNew Member

Threads:
    I have a little nylon turner. I love pancakes and I make them regularly, so I wouldn't be able to make them without the turner! I also use it to turn bacon!

19. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    Either my crockpot or my George Foreman grill! Paper plates are also a necessity that I couldn't live without. I absolutely hate dishes.

20. prescott911

prescott911New Member

Threads:
    I would have to say my grill, I LOVE grilling! It has soooo many uses even if you exclude the side burner (which I do because I have never used it, I tend to stick with my electric stove to save propane). I use it to grill up burgers, marinaded steak/chicken/pork chops, eggplant, marinaded mahi mahi/salmon/trout the list never ends. I have barely explored the tip of the iceberg of the grilling realm!

Behind I would have to be a cliche and say the oven because of all the dessert baking, Garlic-Rosemary roasted potatoes, Bruschetta and much more that I cook up!