What magazines do you collect and read?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by writeletters • May 8, 2014.

1. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    I recently started reading the Classic Rock Magazine. I also read the SFX magazine monthly. Buying both has become a bit of an expense, so I was wondering what the rest of you do. Do you buy your magazines every month or do you have a subscription? Do you collect magazines?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don;t collect them, once I've read them a couple of times I either throw them aay or I give them to a friend or family member who is into whatever the magazine is about.

MetalHammer - Metal magazine
    Terrorizer - Doom, black, brutal & death metal magazine
    RockSound - Rock magazine
    PowerSlam - wrestling magazine
    WebUser - Computer magazine

I used to be a big fan of comics in my teenage years, comics like Buster, Benao, Dandy and Whizzer & Chips.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    BUST - crafting and women's issues
    Wax Poetic - music mag that covers many genres
    Cloth Paper Scissors - craft mag (kind of expensive)

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I used to buy magazines, I would buy YM, Teen, and Seventeen magazines. I also bought Boy Crazy magazines too and other titles when I was a kid up to my late teens. Now looking back at my magazine stash, I think that I just wasted my money back then? Lol. I was so into them before, but now my stance has changed. I think they're not worth buying anymore, with the prevalence of the internet.

5. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Businessweek is the only publication I seem to read these days on a regular basis. I sometimes go to the library and read through Success magazine and things like that, but in general I'm not a magazine person.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually don't read any magazines anymore.. I've mostly read gaming magazines in the past, and nowadays it's better to just look up the info on the internet. I do read NME from time to time though, depending on their main feature.

7. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I used to collect Archies comics. I consider it as a hard-to-put-down book that once I started reading it, I cannot stop until I finish it. I will never get bored or tired with the story and the humor no matter how many times I re-read them. I also have a friend who collects the same and we sometimes swapped Archies.

8. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I am now collecting Success magazines. They have a lot of good tips in order to succeed on being an entrepreneur. I have no monthly subscriptions and I only get them from the book themed thrift store. This store sells a lot of back issues of magazines. I get other magazines from that store as well. My best hauls come from that place.

Aside from Success magazines, I buy magazines that help me write better.

9. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to collect Entrepreneur magazine for business reference but now I just go online and visit business websites for ideas and guides. I stopped buying Entrepreneur magazine a couple of years ago as I don't find it sensible anymore since there's a lot of free good info on the net. :)

10. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I like National Geographic Magazine. I have already collected a lot of this magazine. They are very informative. I read them during pastime when not in work or weekends. It helps me understand geography, people and cultures around the world.

11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    When I was in college, I used to save some money for me to be able to buy a copy of a teen magazine called Candy Magazine. I was an avid-collector of it before. I own 32 Candy magazines right now. However, my fandom over it has already faded away since I already am an adult now.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I collected a few Time and Reader's Digest magazines some years ago and am now looking like a total hoarder. I have too many books, photocopied reading materials, graduate school journals and a cacophony of magazines all over my room. Nowadays, I only buy either magazine when there's a compelling headline on the cover.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I no longer buy magazines. But when I used to, I like Heat UK, but that got tired. In the end I bought Healthy (UK Health store Holland&Barrett), Black Hair, Homes&Garden and Zest. Just when I thought it was becoming too expensive, all these posh magazines were being offered for free at work! There was this huge display stand from which we could help ourselves. I was like a child in a sweet shop!

14. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I hoard Reader's Digest magazines and re-read them over the course of a year until I get sick of them. After that I usually give them away to friends and family. I'm lucky to know many people who like to read, I'd hate to throw away a perfectly good magazine.

15. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Before online magazines, I collected Interview Magazine. I get them from the book store, and I like to read them when I am idle. Another magazine I used to like reading and collecting was Granta Magazine. They don't come out monthly, and I thought that they were quite a collectible item. I got both of them from the same bookstore.