What movies have you saw at the cinema lately?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by tzbt827 • Aug 26, 2014.

1. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    On Thursday I went to the cinema to see Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, the film was much better than I expected as it was in crystal clear quality and had all of the aspects that contribute to a great movie. Much better than the first Planet Of The Apes movie, by far.

I'm interested to hear what movies you guys have watched.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw Guardians of the Galaxy, not what I expected at all. I most say I was disappointed in the movie. I think I was expecting more of a Marvel type movie. The movie was to dark for me to really see alot of it, which is a problem I have when I go to the movies, I do wear glasses and some times it is hard for me to make out what I am looking at before the scene changes.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw Guardians of the Galaxy too and I'm gonna go with the opposite of what @Pat has said. I absolutely loved it. I wasn't expecting an Avengers style action slugfest but I was still ultimately satisfied with the action. I also wear glasses but I didn't find the movie dark at all. Well, there are places where it's dark (like the prison section of the movie) but I didn't experience any difficulty in viewing.

Also, the movie has very good sense of humor. The dialogue is very funny and the movie is also touching at times. The music? I love it. If you haven't watched Guardians of the Galaxy, I highly recommend that you see it now.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie I saw was Guardians of the Galaxy and even though I am not familiar with the comic, I LOVED IT. The music was great. I think we have been having so many comic book movies lately, my expectations were low. The last one I had seen previous to that was Spiderman and it just seemed like he wept through the entire film. Who wants to see their superhero crying all the time? I mean, once in a while is okay to humanize them but come on! The main hero of GG is: Peter Quill is the perfect mix of the courage a superhero needs with the Achilles heel that makes us fall in love with him. And there was very little weeping. He did try to flirt with an alien chick though who immediately told him to 'stop his pelvic sorcery!' lol There were lines like that which cracked me up. It had enough action to satisfy the testosterone sitting next to me as well. I have seen online that 25 days from now we might be able to make a purchase online for the film. So you have a good month to try and find it in a theatre. Since it ranked top box office hit on 'Rotten Tomatoes' I'm sure you can still find it in a theatre near you. However, it is of interest to note that 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' while not have a lot of high ratings brought in more money. I guess there are still more kids going to the movies than big people.

5. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie I seen was Let's Be Cops, and yeah, it was pretty good, but it turned into more of an action movie than I thought it was going to, and a lot of the funny parts I had seen already in the trailer so that was a little bit of a disappointment but other then that, it was a really good movie.. I probably won't buy it on DVD, but, still, I didn't mind going to see it.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I've watched Rrurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno with hubby last weekend. Although the story line was a bit altered than the ones portrayed in the anime, still is a good movie. Action packed and the pacing was just right. We can't wait to se the part 2 that will be showing third week of September this year!

7. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the movies nowadays as much as i used to only because we basically have easy access to every movies online and we can stream them online for free or even download the movies. Although, the latest movies doesn't go available online for a few weeks after its release, i'd say it's worth it to wait and so i normally wait for a clear copy online and then i watch it. The last movie I've seen in the cinema was Maleficent, and it was pretty decent movie. I watched in the cinema because well, I'm a big fan of Angelina Jolie and I'm so glad i wasn't disappointed with the movie. It was worth the money. :)

8. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Guardians of the Galaxy for me as well. Actually, I had no intentions of watching the film. My friend just pushed me to go with her. Based on the trailer, I immediately thought it wasn't going to be anything like other Marvel flicks. I could say it was more like a comedy film. Surprisingly though, I enjoyed the movie a great lot! I liked the funny scenes - very refreshing for a movie about heroes.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The last movie I went to the cinema for was Xmen Days of Future Past, and while it was fun visually, I didn't really enjoy the story that much and kind of felt bad about spending so much on a ticket. I wasn't too disappointed though since I wasn't really expecting much from it. I'd just would rather if they had stuck with a more formulaic approach rather than what they ended up doing.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen any new movies for a while. I like going to an alternative cinema that screens art, cult and underground movies twice a week. I am almost completely out of touch with recent film releases. The last relatively new film that I saw in a movie theatre was "American Hustler", which I enjoyed enormously. It's a very clever and original movie.

11. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    The last movies I've watched at the cinema was The Guardians of the Galaxy and I absolutely loved it.
    I didn't go for the 3D version as I rarely like those effects and they don't add to my enjoyment, but the movie itself was fantastic and very entertaining.
    I must say though, movie+popcorn+soda is getting ridiculously expensive...

12. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I watched Lucy, it was pretty much my last movie time and I have to say I'm really disappointed on how the movie turned out. I mean it wasn't really bad it was actually good but I'm just really disappointed by the movie. It seems really confused. The concept was already there it just turned out to be another resident of generic land.

13. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    The last two movies I've seen are Lucy and Guardians Of The Galaxy. Lucy was meh, went to see it just because my partner insisted. But Guardians Of The Galaxy, that was a movie that deserved it's full price on the tickets. I liked everything about it: the cast, the effects, the story. I'll definitely buy it on DVD.

I'll leave Vin Diesel with you, get ready for some Groot!

[video=youtube;G55prAFpo_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G55prAFpo_Q[/video]

14. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I just saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. This film was shown several months ago in western countries but it is only this time that it was shown here in my country. I've seen all the movies in the Planet of the Apes franchise and I have to say that this latest installment is the best of the bunch so far. It's dark and beautifully filmed. It reminds me of how Christopher Nolan made the Batman movie franchise interesting again. One of the things that I loved about Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is the amazing special effects. The monkeys in the film look to real: the movements and the facial expressions. I can't wait to see any upcoming sequel or prequel provided that the same production team is involved.

15. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Last movie I saw on theaters was Guardians of the Galaxy it was a really fun movie. I love how they took the comic and just turned it around it a very good way.