What new online trends are you seeing for making money?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Onionman • Jan 6, 2015.

1. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Since I started dabbling online about 6 months ago in the money-making space, I've fallen upon array of potential income generators that I'd never really known had existed.

I've started to learn about the content mills, the PTCs, the blogs, the mobile phone earnings generators, Fiverr, Elance, etc etc. But I'm sure there are many other concepts out there that I haven't yet tapped into. What new trends in online earnings are you seeing?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ever since that show Thrift Hunters or whatever it's called came out, there are a lot of pickers who go to Goodwill and buy vintage items to sell on eBay. For example an old Walkman like the one used in Guardians of the Galaxy sold for $900 in its original package. Some old Polaroids go for a lot of money. It's gotten to the point where people fight over things at Goodwill because they've looked up what they can resell them for.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I will advise you first of all to stay clear of Bubblews. Once a striving website its now shell of its former self. I work some micro task websites such as Microworkers. I am also trying a few survey websites called Mommy Knows Surveys and Fusion Cash. Problem with surveys though is sometimes you can answer a dozen questions take all the time and be told you don't qualify. Then when you do qualify you spend almost an hour doing the survey for only a dollar or two. But I still do these along with the micro task. I guess what I'm saying is that I have learned the hard way, that you should never rely on one website only for online income. This can lead to you being let down a whole lot of times. That's what has happened to me. Anyway, if you want to really get into online work and try to find someone to hire you as a freelancer for them you can go to one of the online job boards such as Odesk or Freelancer. These websites have many opportunities listed on them.

4. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    I am a new member of Humanatic and now I have just registered at DailyTwoCents. With Humanatic, all you have to do is to tag calls correctly and with this site, I have already earned more than $30 in my account. In DailyTwoCents, I still cannot discuss the site as I am still new and still trying to learn more about this site.

5. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    I'm currently getting my first experience with UserTesting. It's fun since you get paid to test out websites and recording your thought during that. I'm also gonna check out some sites that you mentioned here. Any side you would recommend? Oh, almost forgot :p I'm from Luxembourg, that's why I can't use a lot of sites since onften they are US or UK only.

#5Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, well done on your achievement with Humanatic :) I'm a member there, and most days I can't be bothered because the money takes forever to pile up! I've even spent three hours on there, only to come away about $1 better :( I may still go back and give it a good go!

As far as new online WAH ideas go, I've so far not seen anything new in the new year. I have however widened my horizons and I'm only just now trying my hand at article writing. I've started with one of the new kids on the block, CGP Gallery. It appears that a lot of former BubbleWS member have migrated there as they allegedly have the same type of model and set up.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would give Bubblews and similar sites like Chatabout and CGP Gallery a wide berth. It takes so long to build up the minimum cashout and they have the right to change their terms and conditions at any time. You could go to bed with £48.90 in Bubblews, only to wake up and find the cashout threshold has increased overnight and you now need to make $100. Stick with sites that offer a low cashout threshold and withdraw as soon as you reach this.

8. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    I just started with humanatic and made my first post on daily2cents. Humanatic seems fine and it's easy to use, but I must say it seems like you don't earn a lot with it.

How long did it take you to make the 30$ ?

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tried Humanatic and found nothing but problems trying to sign up. Kept getting messages such as the email address is already in server. If that was true wouldn't I have gained access to the website, which I never did. Also, have heard that this just isn't a great place to earn money, so I decided against working for it.

That's not to say that I didn't know anyone who didn't make money there. I did know someone who made over a hundred dollars working for Humanatic but no telling how many hours they put in to do this.

10. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I was doing very well with UserTesting for a while - at one point getting at least 1 test per day. But I got one or two less good ratings so it's dried up over the last month or so. I'm looking at getting into more writing sites, particularly ones that offer a bit more for what they perceive as "skills". I've been trying out CrowdSource for that.

11. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I tried out Humantic for a little while but it was taking ages to get anywhere with it. I think I'll have another look just to see how near (or far) I am from the threshold and then decide on whether it's worth my effort.

12. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Crowdsource seems interesting, have you already done a lot of writing for them? I wondered how much work they can actually offer?

13. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I've done a few bits on Crowdsource, principally writing jobs. Once you've taken the tests it's down to them whether they make a lot of the jobs available. Some are pretty difficult or time consuming, but there tend to be a few ok ones.

14. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I have made some money on Fiverr, and also writing freelance for a health and nutrition blog. I have such challenges because I am not in the US. I like this offer that has a one time small payment and a way to make money, so I may do it - 4 Corners Alliance Group. I am also a member at Paradoxcash, and the revenue share is growing slowly. I definitely have to have several income streams because they are all so slow to build up. It is only worth it because every little bit counts.

15. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also outside of the US so the broader suite of options really is a lot more limited. I've got a few gigs on Fiverr but I haven't made anything from it as yet. I'll take a look at Paradoxcash.

16. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Just took a look at Paradoxcash, but to be honest, their website looks way too spamy for my taste. I usually tend to be suspicious about offers like that. Have you made any money with them?

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do some drop shipping on Ebay, just getting started. A post on my facebox group today from many people that it is Free to Join, pays to paypal from $8-$318 the site is a shopping site. Here is the link if anyone is interested it is not an income but it can pay a bill.

18. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks - I've never heard of the concept. It something different to whatever else I've been looking at, so I might take a deeper look at it. It's worth me diversifying my approaches.

19. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Anyone has made any money with writing sites so far? Anything like dailytwocents or any other page where you can make money writing articles.

20. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    There are tons of PTC sites that are legit with low cashout amount however i've learned that those kinds of job is not for me. I feel like there's too much work needed for so little amount which is completely not worth it in my opinion. But if you're a very patient person and doesn't mind hard work then check out clixsense and neobux.