What one food would you go without if the price is to much?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Sweetkymom • Apr 26, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to go with Swaggerty sausage patties. A box of 30 patties went from $6.99 to $8.99 to now $9.99. I absolutely refuse to spend $10 on a box of sausage! Prices on food have gone through the roof!

What is one item you won't buy because of the price?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh there are lots of them on my list!

Actually, I have a lot of foods I will only buy if they're on sale.

A good example would be fish, seafood, and steaks. I won't pay a fortune for them, so I go without unless I can get a good deal on them.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Crab. Though it's one of my favorite foods, I won't pay if it's overpriced. I'm a practical person. I just purchase what I can afford. I can live without eating costly delicious food. I'd rather stick with cheap but healthy foods.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have many expensive items on my favorite foods list, fortunately, and the most expensive ones I usually spend on is junk food such as ice cream and chips because I find it's best to go for expensive brands when it comes to those products due to the substantial difference in quality. If they got too expensive, I'd still readily give them up, though, since they are just junk food and don't really provide much to me in terms of health and nutrition. I probably also wouldn't go for the cheaper brands instead as well since they really wouldn't satisfy me as much anyway, but I'd maybe still buy them once in a while if I really had a craving and didn't have enough spare money.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Certain frozen foods and TV dinners. I refuse to spend more than $2-$2.50 for a frozen meal, and many of them, even small frozen lunches, are creeping up into the $4-$5 range these days at some stores. I also refuse to pay an arm and a leg for crushed tomatoes or jarred sauces. I've noticed all these new pasta sauces in a jar are selling for $7-$8 a jar, which is nuts. I could buy 8 cans of store brand crushed tomatoes and make my own sauce fresh for a week for what I would pay for one jar of pre-made sauce.

Buffalo wings are also becoming insanely expensive. Even buying them fresh and cooking them yourself is rather expensive. But some of the wing joints are now charging close to $1 per wing piece. They used to be like 10 cents to 25 cents per wing.

6. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    I won't buy any name brand products when there is another product for the exact same price. Most of the time there isn't much difference in quality. I find that a lot of non-branded candies are the exact same as their branded rivals. For example, most Oreo rip-offs that I've tried have been good or extremely similar to Oreo's for a fraction of the price.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it's a food, and I want it enough, then I'll probably pay almost any price for that food, assuming it's not intentionally marked up beyond what's normal. Egg prices pretty much doubled in most of the United States, and I still buy a few dozen eggs every month because I love those little breakfast delights. I've paid more for beef and pork when demand was higher than supply due to unforeseen shortages and whatnot. There's a point that I won't buy some food item, but I'm lenient.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's so hard! I don't eat what I wouldn't eat daily, so it's all awesome and healthy. I do have a fave (vegan) chocolate bar I eat from time to time.. I'll go with that. Or not, I'll give up something green instead, I eat plenty of those lol. Or a nut.. I don't particularly like them, I just like what they offer.