What online store has the best deals?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by lorindaleigh • May 11, 2012.

1. lorindaleigh

lorindaleighNew Member

Threads:
    I personally think Amazon has the best deals. Not only do they have great deals but they sell everything! I much rather shop at Amazon then anywhere else, including Walmart! A friend of mine swears by Overstock.com and another by eBay. What is your favorite store to shop at online and which store do you think has the best deals?

2. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I was highly disappointed by Amazon multiple times this past holiday season. I thought I was getting a great deal, and then I would stumble across the same thing that I just ordered on Amazon at Target for a cheaper price. I am starting to use a barcode scanner app on my smartphone. It allows me to scan the barcode for the item I am looking at a store and find out if I can get it for a cheaper price somewhere else. Of course you have to take into account shipping costs and gas prices to drive somewhere else, but it can be a useful tool for trying to get the best deal.

3. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I think that Amazon.ca has the best in Canada. The day after boxing day I got an xbox (usually $200) for $150. I thought it was a good deal, and I was going to get one anyway. Thats why I love amazon.ca

4. Tecca_Nina

Tecca_NinaNew Member

Threads:
    I'd say Deal Extreme. They have some EXTREMELY random things, and the shipping takes a lifetime, but I still haven't seen any better deals than what that site has to offer.

5. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I'd have to say Amazon because they sell practically everything at a discounted price. It's also really easy to order even if you don't have a credit card through gift cards and what not. The only downside is that if you buy food, it comes in bulk that you most likely won't be able to finish in time. Aside from Amazon, I'd have to say eBay.

6. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I've been seeing a lot of good posts on DealExtreme. I might actually try it out. I'm confused though. When I Google it, I see a dealextreme.com site and a dx.com site which is calling itself the "New DealExtreme." Which one's the right one? EDIT: Oops, never mind. It's actually by them, too.

That aside, if you're good at spotting them, eBay has pretty good deals on bulk stuff by sellers.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on what you are buying..... I love this site for my cell phone accessories, chargers, headphones, cases, etc.

. They have the name brand items at major discount prices. With these prices I can change my case everyday!

8. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I don't know about general goods but if you're in the market for games, I suggest Steam! It's definitely the way to go for the gamer on a budget. They have daily discounts and some go as low as 75%! They even sometimes offer a certain game for free on the weekends so people can try it out and if you like it, you can buy it at a reduced price. Steam is one of the places where you can find games dirt cheap, if you don't mind waiting for the downloads.

9. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    Overstock.com and Amazon.com are my favorites. Though can find some good deals on ebay, you can also get ripped off easily too. Really it depends what I am looking to purchase to which site I prefer. I love overstock.com for clothing items, shoes, and appliances. Amazon.com is generally my go to for everything else.

10. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon.com and buy.com are my favorites. I also like buying from sites like Groupon.

11. emmit6378

emmit6378New Member

Threads:
    I have been focusing on local as much as possible. We have been able to locate allot of deals by using the internet to hone in on a product and price and then print and show local sellers to get them to match. These store owners are hip to the fact that they need to stay competitive. Twice this past week we were able to pull this off and I highly suggest trying it yourself. Also, it saves energy and resources if you can plan it to where your multi tasking your shopping efforts. I try to work my stops into large circles depending on where i am going that day and really prioritize.

12. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    There is a great website that people can visit daily to find great deals on all kinds of items. Its called one sale a day. So each day they have about 5 items for sale at great prices. They sale items such as computers, laptops, jewelry, household items etc. I purchased my husband a Kenneth Cole watch from there before. He loved it and it only cost $40.00 but the same watch was over $100.00 in stores. A new sale is available daily but depending on how many are in stock they can go fast.

13. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I like to check Future Shop and Dell on a regular basis because they both have online sales like 5 days of deals etc and you can find stuff pretty cheap. I got a great universal remote from one of Dell's sale days at a really good price.

14. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I like the Amazon deals, but you should check out places like RooRooreviews who usually pulls from multiple sources for the products or even google shopping. Then you can compare the prices from hundreds of stores all at once!

15. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I like Amazon. The shipping is only 3.99 so you save there, in addition to their sales. I love to purchased used books from them as well. I saved hundreds of dollars buying from Amazon vs. Barnes &Nobles.

16. imokaye

imokayeMember

Threads:
    I can't answer. I haven't done any online deals before. I'm afraid of making deals online. LOL. And I'm from the Philippines. I think the shipping cost so much. ;) But I have read some comments here, and found useful information. Thanks guys! Maybe someday I'll get the courage to transact online. :D

17. adolf

adolfNew Member

Threads:
    I love the Amazon offers, but you should examine other online shopping websites like Ebay.com which usually draws from several resources for the items or even search engines purchasing. Then you can evaluate the costs from thousands of shops all at once.

18. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I think it depends what you are shopping for. I find amazing deals on Amazon but when it comes to electronic NewEgg has amazon beat. Sometimes they even ship for free.

19. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    If you're talking about any store online, then it would be Amazon and eBay. Otherwise, try craigslist.

20. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Dang, this is pretty much exactly what I do, too!
    I only occasionally buy something online anymore because by the time you add the shipping costs, I can get it cheaper and quicker locally. If I do buy something online it is usually thru Amazon or eBay.