What powdered drink do you prefer?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MrsJones • Dec 30, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Our most favored powdered drink in Kool-aid. I can have a canister loaded with Kool-aid packets and still buy more when grocery shopping. I find it most economical because it doesn't cost much, maybe .20 a pack on sale. The varieties are delicious as well. I mix lemonade with another flavor creating another unique taste. It's an all-time thirst quencher all year round.

Do you have a favorite powdered drink?

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    We like true lemon, true lime, true orange and their drink mix packets like cherry limeade. We buy it in bulk from amazon, which is cheaper than most stores. A 500 count box is only $25 and lasts us a pretty good long time. Sometimes we add sugar and mix to make it more lemonade than lemon water. I like that it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup or artificial color stuff.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My family also loves Kool-Aid, but I don't. The dyes really concern me and you have to add so much sugar. The only time I go powdered is when I drink an Arnold Palmer iced tea. The half and half is my favorite. It is half lemonade and half iced tea.

4. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    I like Lipton instant iced tea, the kind with lemon and artificial sweetener. I really only use it when I am out of canned carbonated caffeinated beverages, though. I used to drink Crystal Light, pink lemonade flavor, but it's been years. I haven't had Kool-aid since I was a kid. You guys make me want to buy some, ha,ha! I loved the grape flavor as a child! Oh, I forgot, I get Nescafe instant coffee to have on hand for my room mate who likes coffee in the morning on occasion.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was talking to someone online, and they are from America, and they didn't seem to know about Horlicks? So I am not sure if any of you guys from the US will know about what drink I'm talking about lol. Anyway, Horlicks is like this malted milk hot drink?? It tastes amazing, and I have been drinking it since I was a young child. I love it, even if malted milk doesn't always agree with me. Either way, that is my favorite powdered drink.

6. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a big fan of kool aid because oddly enough it gives me heartburn - but we do like the country time lemonade products.

7. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever had powered drink outside of a stomach remedy type of thing. I'm not sure that I like the idea, to be honest. I want to be deluded when I drink a drink to think that it is "natural" (whatever that is). Maybe it's just me, but you know that you're just drinking more processed stuff.

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I like to drink almond powder mixed with milk. It tastes really good and worth trying out. I have had it since my childhood and I think it is a wonderful drink. I totally love the taste and aroma of the drink.

9. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Powdered hot chocolate can make a delicious beverage occasionally, especially when the weather is cooler. Unfortunately, most powdered drinks are heavily processed and full of sugar and other artificial ingredients. They can be really tasty in moderation and convenient to make, however. One of my most frequently consumed powdered drink is protein powder. This is a convenient way to get enough protein in the day, and they come in some nice flavors.

10. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up drinking Kool-Aid so I think that would be something that I will always favor. Although, my all-time favorite powdered drink is Tang. I remember when my mom would buy the really big jugs of Tang when I was younger. I would just get a napkin, cup the napkin in my hand, fill the napkin up with Tang dust, and dip my tongue in it (I was a kid, don't judge...and yes, I am laughing as I type this). Tang was always a treat for me, it tastes good even when it's not in drink form!

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Kool Aid, Tea Bustelo powdered iced tea mix, and Country Time lemonade. Although this one isn't technically powdered, I like the small, concentrated Mio type Luzianne iced tea concentrate. The tiny ,squirtable packet makes a gallon of tea.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Nesquick, Nesquick, Nesquick. It's not just my quick relief, but also my quick meal replacement. It's a really great thirst-quencher. And when I'm tired, I'd just grab it right away to drink and it's just going to feel like it's heaven. Heaven! I don't drink powdered drink in water because they have a lot of sugar. The only drink that I go for is the Nesquick, the only powdered drink I drink.