What Products Do you Use for Your Dry Skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by thelovelyone0 • Nov 9, 2013.

1. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I have very dry and sensitive skin. My dermatologist suggested that I use Cetaphil lotion because it helps keep moisture in my skin throughout the day-- I have yet to try it. I have been using Cocoa Butter lotion and my skin is always dry so I will be purchasing the Cetaphil very soon. I also use a scrub while showering to help smooth my skin and it has worked amazingly. I used a face scrub called St. Ives but I am going to switch to Neutrogena body clear body scrub. Sometimes I will apply an oil on top of my lotion. It will be coconut oil or Neutrogena's body oil--I love Neutrogena's products.

What products do you use to help moisturize your dry skin?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just use regular lotions I don't have a real bad problem with my skin it's hardly ever dry but when it is I just use regular lotion which is usually coco butter or something like that.

3. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    For very dry skin the best solution that worked for me were Neutrogena creams. They really hydrate and the skin is as good as new. I had a problem with my hands a few years ago and I tried regular creams but they didn't solved it.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For body washes for dry skin, I find the ones from Aveeno and Dove are the best. They clean and moisturize at the same time.
    Now for after the shower, maybe you could try body butters if your skin is really dry! The Body Shop is the place I find has the absolute best body butters!

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also just use any brand of lotion, although my skin isn't dry. For my face, I use Oilatum and Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't use lotions, they're full of chemicals. I'm almost down to no chemicals, but I have one or two products I can't bring myself to part with just yet. I mainly use oils. Cocoa butter does nothing for me, but I do like coconut, olive etc.

7. Peters879

Peters879Banned

Threads:
    I use ellovera on it.

8. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried making sure you are drinking lots of water throughout the day too? I would also focus on body brushing, exfoliating and moisturising. I use to have really dry skin and I just keep up with this routine and my skin is lovely and soft now. However, if I forget to do this routine for a few days I can already feel my skin starting to get dry. I hope this helps and good luck!:)

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have very dry skin also, I use to take really hot showers and baths not realizing they were part of the problem with the dry skin, now I take cool to warm showers and baths. I apply oil to my damp body as soon as I get out of the tub to help with the moisturizing. During the winter I combine vaseline with my lotion to give me a better coverage lotion alone is not enough.

10. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I just use a Neutrogena moisturizer for my face. It reduces spots at the same time so I hit 2 birds with one stone.

11. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Aquaphor is awesome for dry skin.

12. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion is very effective. It is often recommended by dermatologist because even those with very sensitive skin can use it. It actually has shea butter just like what you are using presently as well as macadamia nut oil which aids in skin hydration as well. It's not that cheap though at around $14 an 8 oz tube. I actually love Aveeno Baby Daily moisturizer for just $5.76 for a 18 oz bottle. Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula lotion is around $6 for 8.5 oz and I just love the scent.

13. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    Aveeno moisturizers are pretty good, and they claim to have all natural ingredients. It's still a drugstore type brand, so it's not going to be 100% pure, but it's the best brand out of anything else you'd see at Target or CVS stores. It's reasonably prices, compared to all of the expensive cosmetic brands and lotions. And Aveeno had a pretty good product variety.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My skins run on the dry side. I drink plenty of water. I also use a body wash with shea butter. I use Neutrogena Body Oil when I get out of the shower, before I dry off. That helped tremendously. The only lotion that helps my skin in Nivea. At first I didn't like its smell, but it has grown on me. My skin is very soft and moisturized.

15. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    The one that I have been using lately and will continue to use all winter is First Aid Beauty: Ultra Repair Cream Intense Therapy. It is probably the best moisturizer I have used. My skin always gets really dry after I wash my face but my face is really sensitive and breaks out with most products. This stuff is gentle enough for my skin with no Parabens, Harsh Chemicals or Colorants. But it is also really great for dry skin on my entire body. It is a must have for sure.

16. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    The best product that I've used for dry skin is ORGANIC African Shea butter. I purchase a small tub of it via Amazon that ships from Ghana. I love it and it's affordable! I put it all over my body after showering (except for my face). But it's perfect for cold weather. Just search African Shea Butter on Amazon.

17. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    My skin is slightly dry and I have found a couple of lotions that work for me. They are Eucerin and Aveeno. They moisturize my skin and leaves it feeling super soft.

18. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Aveeno is an effective lotion for dry skin. Try the one that has oatmeal as a base. Also, you may want to look into purchasing a humidifier. They also help with dry skin.

21AJWH0M14L.

Attached Files:

19. CliffLife

CliffLifeNew Member

Threads:
    ^-- This is a great option for dry skin. I've used this particular Aveeno lotion for quite sometime and it's always worked wonders with me. Another one you would want to check out is Eucerin Intensive Repair. If your skin is really dry, definitely use the latter to help with that dryness.

Attached Files: