What purchase have you regretted the most?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by caseyfacey • Mar 5, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I once bought an expensive jacket that I thought I'd love but as I got home and had the chance to let it sink in I realized I just wanted the feeling of buying it. I never have used that jacket as it doesn't even fit my style but I just liked it because it did still look kind of good. I still have it and might repurpose it someday but I learned my lesson that day.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, 800 dollars for a bag is way over the top. Peer pressure can really be powerful but I'm sure you've learned your lesson. The fact that it actually looses value that quickly is not good. Wondering why you didn't just try and take it back? Was the time limit too long before you decided to get rid of the bag?

3. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I regret some of the clothes that I buy. I end up wearing them like once or twice then I do not want them anymore. I know that it's a waste of money but I love clothes and shoes. I have also bought a phone charger and it only worked a few days and stopped. I ended up having to buy another one. I usually go through at least two chargers a months either I lose them or they stop working.

#23Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    The last time I bought a new clothing item in a store I really regretted it. I bought a black velvet bolero to go with a dress I had, wore it a few times, but never got over the fact that I had spent about $40 on one item. I no longer even bother to go in new clothing stores, I stick with thrift shops and consignment stores because that way I can get what I actually need without feeling bad. I'm trying to keep as few clothes as I possibly can now.

5. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I got a pretty good one here. When I was younger, probably 16, I bought a flight stick joy stick for my computer. It was really fun to use with my games and it made a big difference in the flight games I had. I thought since that was so good, I was going to get a normal joypad to use for other games. I paid like 50 bucks for it, which was a big deal to 16 year old me. I brought it home and I never got it to work with any of the games I had. I wasn't able to bring it back in time to get my money back and part of me was always hoping I could get it to work, but I made a bad and uninformed purchase. Broken hearted 16 year old me.

6. JessMere

JessMereNew Member

Threads:
    Buyer's Remorse

I don’t know if this really counts as a purchase. But I got an associate’s degree in graphic design. I did the research on how to make some money off of this and decided to make my own website. Then in order to have a domain I had to purchase one. In the end I dropped about a 100$ for two years in order to keep this domain and site name. Shortly after I got a job not related to my field and I never go on that website, maintain it, or even have the time to try and get traffic to it. So, this would definitely have to be the one purchase I have regretted the most in my life. I’m an a serious penny pincher when it comes to clothes or food that I have never faced buyer’s remorse in that sense.

7. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    O h yeah! I still remember buying a laptop cooler from Flipkart.com. They said that it's going to work fine for at least a good couple of months and will help keep my laptop cool. But I found out that it's not working at all. When I complained about it, they said that someone should pick it up within a day or two. 2 weeks went by, no one came at all. I still have that piece of crap with me.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At least you were doing it on your own. I'm still mad at myself for letting someone make a website for me. Recently, I sent them an email saying the 6 months is up and they haven't replied back. I don't know how long to give them before I should go back to PayPal. I don't think I will ever get my money back
    I have that degree as well and I don't know if it counts but I regret that loan more than any other purchase because it's a lot of money I have to pay back. I didn't get a job out of it either and I think I could have learned what the degree taught me on my own if I had done more research.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once, when I was in my early 20's and didn't know any better, I spent $1,200 on a queen size bed. Of course now I know that Walmart and IKEA sell mattresses and box springs really cheaply, but back then I was so ignorant that I went on the first mattress website that I found and paid full retail price for a queen size bed. Of course now I don't have the bed or the money anymore because that was years ago.
    Every time that I'm in a situation where I need $1,000, I remember that bed. It wasn't even that comfortable.

10. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Probably buying a PS3, ended up spending a huge amount on a PS3, games, accessories and monitor when I ended up much preferring PC gaming. I did use it for a few exclusives but other than that it was a huge waste of money unfortunately.

11. nbadiehard

nbadiehardNew Member

Threads:
    The biggest purchase that I have regretted would have to buy when I always bought Xbox live one year which was around 60 dollars, the reason I regret it is because it was the biggest waste of money to try to feed my gaming addiction and I am ashamed to even say I bought it. The second reason is that I still cannot believe I made my parents buy it and I always remember begging to my parents asking them to buy it for me once more and that I would do better in school or I would never ask for anything again. If I had a second choice of what was the biggest waste of money it would have to be when I bought the Xbox 360 itself when it first came out and it was very pricey.

12. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    I was dumb enough to buy a really expensive MMO even though my PC specifications only just met the requirements. Needless to say it ran so slowly it was unplayable. I'll only be able to play it when I get my new PC, and by this time I'm pretty sure the price has dropped or gone on sale at the least.

13. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a used laptop online. What a mistake. The price was only $50 and the photos and specifications just lured me in. It worked fine for about 4 days and then started freezing up everytime I opened up the web browser. Not only that but it would take almost 10 minutes for Windows to just start up. I took it for repair and turns out the Windows was counterfeit and the motherboard was damaged. Guy said nothing could be done.

14. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm guilty of the same things with clothes and accessories...especially now losing weight and everything, it just feels like a lot of money has been wasted on certain things that I haven't gotten much use out of and could have definitely been better spent. What can you do though? Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

15. acnxtj

acnxtjNew Member

Threads:
    I brought an Xbox 360 a few years ago and some games along with it, I played on it for like 5 moths then never touched it again. I still have no idea why I even brought it in the first place but I ended up selling it for a fair price just before the Xbox One got announced

16. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    One purchase that I really regret is a useless electric shaver that I saw on tv and thought that it was really awesome because they commercialized it so well. It was the first and last time I fell for overt presentation in commercials. The actual blades are too far from the net that grabs the hairs so the shaving isn't nearly as close to the skin as to actually be a decent shave, you still look unshaven when you're finished, the blades are dulling fast, it runs out of power very fast and its just useless at this point and it is my most regretted purchase.

17. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    The worst purchase ever for us was a timeshare !!!!! We booked a beautiful hotel for the weekend at a really great price.( we live close to Orlando!) Little did we know once we arrived that there were strings attached! We had to watch a presentation about the resort we were staying at. We thought no biggie right? WRONG!!!!!! It lasted almost 5 hours! Picture me and my husband and our 4 kids. It was a nightmare!

To make a long story short, they lied to us and made things sound incredible and ended up talking us into purchasing. Biggest mistake of our lives. W went home and did some research on the company and found out no one was happy with them. We tried to back out of the contract and they flat out said no. Over 3 months time my husband was relentless and eventually got us out of the contract with everything refunded to us. My husband is a saint by the way! :)
    Lesson learned! The hard way... if it's too good to be true it probably is!!
    :)

18. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I am very careful about large purchases, and don't think I've made any truly regrettable purchases there. I've had cars break down, but it was usually because they were old and I had driven them way past their expectancy anyway. My most regrettable purchases are small things. I tend to forget whether I have certain items (hair ties, lip balm, mayonnaise, pens) that I just keep compulsively buying because I think I am either out or almost out. Now, I have an entire shelf of mayonnaise and a hair tie drawer! It's regrettable.