What Size Earrings Do You Wear?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by thelovelyone0 • Feb 17, 2013.

1. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    When I was younger, I used to love wearing big hooped earrings or anything that was big. Now that I am 25, I have lost interest in them. I find myself wanting to purchase earrings that are smaller in size; I even went out and purchased pearl earrings with the matching necklace. I used to believe that the bigger your jewelry was, the nice you looked but I was starting to look ghetto with the crazy weave I used to wear, and the outrageous costume jewelry. I have definitely toned down a bit. I now wear my real hair, and wear things that are classy and more appealing. What size earrings do you purchase?

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I always wear smaller earrings. Not that I don't like the larger earrings, its just that I am afraid of it getting caught somewhere during the day and ripping my earlobe. Ewww I shudder at the thought.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I usually love wearings studs because they are just so simple and classy. I feel that big earrings ruin outfits most of the time because overall it is just too much and a smaller pair would work better with a loud print in my opinion. I also think this depends a lot on personal style. I just prefer little zirconia stud earings when I am wearing black pants and a chiffon blouse rather than big hoops. (haha).

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I wear smaller earrings. I'm a small girl in general and anything gigantic would make me look like a clown.

I have worn some longer earrings in the past that were 'big' compared to studs, but I felt like they were okay so long as they didn't go down my neck and hit my shoulder.

These are the biggest I've ever worn and it was for Halloween:

5. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    I wear long earrings because that is the trendy fashion now a days. I purchase my earrings from online shopping stores and that is the great option for shopping as it saves my lots of time and gives me the perfect idea regarding the new trend. I get great varieties of earring at online shopping store.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I will wear big earrings for special occasions but not as a habit. I love small studs as they add a touch of attractiveness to your outfit without being too much. It ultimately depends on what you feel good and comfortable in and what we felt good in at 16 is often different to what we feel good in when we are 26 as an example.

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the dress I wear.. there are times I wear small earrings.. but I love to wear long ones as they define my face better. I like to wear dressy long earrings with simple plain neat cut clothes and simple ones with a clothes that are already embellished and attractive.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear hoop earrings i don't like wearing the huge ones or the big dangling ones i wear a small sized hoop earrings and studs anything that looks good and is small now a days i think the sizes are getting crazy i see girls with earrings as big as their head it's just crazy.

9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, now that you mention them getting stuck somewhere you are not the only one who shares this worry. I always think that they might get stuck to my clothing or catch on something else which would create an akward situation. I therefore stick to my classy studs most of the time.

10. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't wear studs, as I have long hair and I often wear it loose. Studs just disappear into insignificance. I like gold Creole hoops that are around an inch in diameter - not too big or flashy, but visible. I can't wear costume jewellery, even for a few hours - it has to be gold. I think with gold or silver, you can wear larger pieces and they don't look trashy. I'm always being complimented on my earrings, so I must be getting something right.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Great earrings Jessi!

I love big bold earring. Small dainty earring don't do much for me. I wear clip-ons only and it's getting harder and harder to find big clip earrings. I was considering making my own, but decided against because of the time involved.

12. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Jessi

I think those pair of earrings suits you well. It doesn't look too big, and it has a classy appearance. Are they heavy? Those are great for special occasions and you want to get dolled up. Where did you purchase those? My sister in law love to wear jewelry like that. I wanted to get her something for her birthday but I had no idea what until I saw this. Moreover, I agree with the gigantic earrings on a small girl can come across as clownish or a bit much. I 5'3 with a short neck, and I personally think that small and simple things are what works for me.

13. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I completely agree, they go with everything, and they can compliment your outfit as well as your make up and hairstyle. Where do you purchase your studs? Big earrings or costume jewelry can ruin an outfit especially if one is wearing a classy outfit. Those kinds of earring would truly defeat the purpose of dressing with class. I am so into small earrings now; my mother have always told me that I would one day grow out of big earrings, and I didn't believe it. I guess parents are somewhat always right. Thank God I'm over it. I guess after seeing many pictures of yourself with these outrageous earrings can make one see the light and have a change of heart.

14. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear earrings that much but when I do I usually wear med size I guess you could say. I don't like wearing really big ones either for the same reason as some of have mentioned on here, the fear of them getting caught on something and being pulled out of your ear or what not. I also don't like the really heavy ones, I only wear light weight earrings.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love these earrings Jessi! You look so glam! Like if you are going to the Oscars or something. I wish I could rock this look. Long earrings never work with my big, long hair. They always get tangled in my hair and are not fun to pull out. Right now I am wearing small studs and just pearl earrings.

16. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    What size I wear tends to vary. If I am dressing up I generally wear smaller earrings, especially when I wear my hair up, though I do have one nice pair that aren't big, but they are long and they are pretty fancy so I don't get to wear them that often. It really depends on whether my hair is up or down and how well the earrings will be seen. I have some really huge Fulani ones I wear on occasion as well.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Thanks guys.

And Steph, that's why I have my hair pulled back while wearing those. I don't really like how my hair looks pulled back, but there's no way I could wear those with my hair down. I think if your hair is longer, you could potentially braid it or at least pull it back in a half ponytail to pull the hair way from the face.

18. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I always wear studs. I just love the idea of it being so cute and tidy. I dont like big earrings becuase it interfears with my long hair.

19. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I can no longer wear earrings. Some years back I had pierce ears and when I first got them I wore mostly small stud earrings. I guess this is fine because of the fact that I have more ore less always had short hair. When I got older I started wearing more fashionable type earrings such as hopes and more bolder type button style earrings. I was never really into dangle earrings I found these to be a bit distracting to wear. Anyway my ears became irritated due to an allergic reaction to the metal in the earrings and I had no choice but to let the holes close. I know that I could wear clip earrings, but I have always found these uncomfortable. What I do wear if I wear anything on my ears are those types of fashionable decals that look like earrings.

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I only wear small earrings. I wear pearl earrings and sometimes crystals. But they are no more than an inch long. I can't get with those big hoops and don't know how the ladies wear them and not get there hair caught in them or since they like to fight so much, someone can easily pull a hole in your ears. So no way for me, only studs.