What Smartphone Are You Buying Next?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Sep 27, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been browsing some new smartphones recently and it's been very confusing and overwhelming. There are just so many products and models to choose from, and unfortunately for me, I don't have that much of a budget so I've been stuck having to pick between the lower end ones which of course makes it much harder since if I could buy an expensive one, I probably wouldn't be that much mistaken with any choice among the top ones. Also it doesn't help my cause that I'm picky about designs, as I really dislike rounded edges or thick phones, but I trust I will come across one that fits my taste and needs someday soon.

That said, I'd love to hear which phones you guys are looking at, and what your reasons are behind wanting that particular phone. Which smartphone would you buy next among the ones that are already available today?

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    iPhone 4s. The 6 is too expensive and not really significantly better in my opinion. This will be my first ever smartphone as well and the iPhone 4 is easily good enough for what I want anyway. I'll have a look at a couple of samsungs but I don't see myself getting one personally.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have an Xperia Ray that runs Cyanogenmod. I don't think that I will replace it anytime soon because it works just fine even if it already fell many times. However, if I have the opportunity and money to buy another smartphone, I think that I will buy a Samsung Galaxy S5 or Asus Zenfone. I don't really like iPhones because I think that they are too overrated.

4. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also planing to buy Samsung s5.

Iphone is not just over rated, apps that are free in googleplay seem not in istore. Its much cheaper as well. I regret buying the iphone 4s to which i can't install the apk I want because they only accepts apps form istore.

5. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    I'm thinking about purchasing a used Moto X on ebay for around 200 bucks or the new 2nd generation Moto G for 179. I think they're both great prices for exceptional phones, but I'm in the dilemma between two great phones! I dunno if I want to give up a whole gigabyte of RAM just to have a new phone... Tough decision for two great phones.

6. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    S5 for me too, because I'm really attracted by the fact that it's waterproof (even with limits). I'm constantly on my kayak in the summer and I like the idea of being able to buy a floating case and use my smartphone as a camera, just one less thing I need to worry about.

7. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    Currently I have the Iphone 5s. Before that I had the 4s. The next thing I will have will be the iPhone 6, the bigger one, sometime within the next 6 months. The mistake I won't be making this time is buying the lowest storage space iPhone. I use my iPhone constantly from the minute I get up (check time, check bank balance) to the last minute before I go to bed. I fill the smaller storage devices up way too fast and I don't like that, so I will be shelling out more for a larger storage one next time.

8. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I will definitely be buying an iphone 6. I've had android phones and iphones and i prefer iphones. I like the OS better. I own a mac so it is easier to work with too. I am excited to try out the new phone.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This coming Christmas I have been thinking of getting myself a new gadget, like a new smartphone or a tablet. I think I would either get an iPhone 3G or 3GS since they are quite cheap nowadays, or a tablet or a new CPU. Or those older Samsung Galaxy models.

10. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I think my next phone is going to be either a Note 5 or whatever that is going to be a good big phone choice when my Note 3 breaks, the Note 4 doesn't have enough changes that makes it worthy to upgrade to from a Note 3. I don't think I will get a iPhone, especially an old one, as once the phone stops receiving iOS updates, the ability to install apps to that phone also stops. This pretty much means the phone isn't a smartphone anymore, and since my phones usually end up being given to my parents, so that is I cannot choose an iPhone.

11. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm getting the Nexus 6/Nexus X/Motorola Shamu/Whatever it's actually called. Even though it's going to sport a 5.9" screen, it's also packing 4K, a 3,200 mAh screen, and other great features. If it's like the Nexus 5 and contains all the radios for GSM and CDMA, then I'm sold on the phone and getting it day one. I own the Nexus 5, and I can access every U.S. domestic carrier's network except for Verizon. That's due to Verizon's denial of the Nexus 5 rather than the device's limitations. It's the only device built for the U.S. market that offers such compatibility, and it's a great feature.

You can get phones from China that offer dual CDMA and GSM capabilities, but the Nexus 5 is great, and I hope the Nexus 6 has the same feature.

12. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I'm considering buying the Samsung Note 4. The new iPhone 6 is great, but for some reason I do not feel like hopping in all the craze about it. The Note 4 doesn't seem to be too different from Note 3, though, so I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it.

13. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    My next smartphone is definately going to be the iphone 6 plus. This is the first big iphone Apple has made ever. For years it has been Samsung and other companies providing the customers with big huge HD screens on phones. But now Apple has stepped in the loop and is saying, "hey we have them too". I have always enjoying Apple's applications and information security but was not a fan of their small stone age screen size. It was always obvious which phone I would pick over the other. And Samsung won me over everytime. But now they have an Iphone 6 plus whiich is the same size as a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The fulfillment of having Apple's applications with a hude retna display is awsome. My vote and soon to be phone will be the iphone 6 plus. One thing I do not understand is the ridiculous asking prices for Apple's new phone on ebay. Ebay has always been my favorite way to shop but if its an iphone you are looking for your best bet is to wait until they becaome in stock at the retail stores. The most I have seen the new Apple phone on sale for on ebay is 10,000. Lol. I know right? Ridiculous! Just because its sold out in retail stores at the moment does not mean wise customers loose their common scense. I will wait for my preorder to arrive in stores before I pay ththousands for a cell ohone.

14. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm an Apple fan and I've been using iPhone since i was in high school i guess and now i have an iPhone 5s and i have no plan of getting the new iPhones. The screen are too huge for my taste and I'm not really planning on switching to Android phones whatsoever so i think I"m stuck with iPhone 5s unless of course Apple will release a new iPhone that doesn't look too big but i doubt that since their iPhones are getting bigger and bigger. I'm fine with iPhone 5s though, personally i think it's still the best looking iPhone out of all the iPhones. :p

15. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    I and my entire family have had Samsung products for years, including phones and we are very satisfied with their logical and very open ended approach towards how they engineer their technology and that means a lot. Flexibility and open-endedness of the user to choose is very important to me. I already own a Galaxy S3 so I'm thinking maybe I will get some of the next gen models some time in the future when I will have some more money but for now I am very satisfied with my current phone, its in perfect shape, no reason to change it.

16. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I am thinking about buying the iPhone 6 because I love the way it looks. I also like stsying up to date with new iPhones. I was thinking about the iPhone 6+ but I changed my mind because people have been complaining about them bending in their pockets.

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been told to and have been thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy for a while now. My cousin and my older sister both own one, and I have seen some great features from the phones, as well as the apps that they work with and such. But the phone is a little big for me. I don't know; I am still torn. The phone does a lot more up-to-date stuff than my Nokia C7 does. But I am still undecided.