What song reminds you of a movie you've seen?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Pocs • Aug 6, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Many movies through the years have had either popular songs or musical themes added to enhance our viewing and listening experience. I'm sure we all have a song or theme, that when heard it automatically reminds us of a particular movie. Then we have the songs and themes that most of the public connects to a movie, something everyone recognizes. What is a song or theme that reminds you of a favorite movie? What song or movie theme reminds most people of a particular movie.

Sweet Home Alabama, always reminds me of the scene in CON AIR, when the convicts are celebrating taking over the plane. Dancing and singing is the aisles, it's great.

Speak Softly, Love. The theme from THE GODFATHER. You may not like the movie, but everyone thinks The Godfather when they hear it

2. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Scarface! "seh allo to mah littre friend!"

[video=youtube;BhsTmiK7Q2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsTmiK7Q2M[/video]

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Well, for me the most obvious would be "I'll Always Love You" for The Bodyguard, "Stayin' Alive" for Saturday Night Fever, "Footloose" for Footloose, "Fame" for Fame, "Flashdance" for Flashdance. Those are the songs that would bring about a good memory or association.

"Everybody's Talking" for Midnight Cowboy and "Mrs. Robinson" for The Graduate do not conjure up good associations for me as I thought those movies were over hyped and stupid once I watched them.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith was made for the Armageddon soundtrack but it makes me think of Blades of Glory because it was the first song that Will Ferrell and John Heder skated to. "Let's Go Crazy" naturally reminds me of the movie Purple Rain, as do several other Prince songs.

5. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Many:

- "Little Brown Jug" and "Moonlight Serenade" - "The Glenn Miller Story"

- Beethoven's 7th symphony - "The Black Cat"

- "I've heard that song before" - "Hannah and her Sisters"

- "Bar du Patric" - "Elevators to the Gallows"

- Johannes Brahms' concerto in D Minor - "There Will be Blood"

There are just so many to name.

6. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    After reading this post, the first song that comes to my mind is a beautiful David Foster song called, "And When She Danced". Unfortunately it is from a movie that I did not like called "Stealing Home". I do not know how such a beautiful song could be paired up with such a badly done movie.

7. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I also have seen that CONAIR Movie where the gay dances as the the song sweet home alabama plays... :D

The song that I like reminds me of the movie "SIN CITY" is the song "Cells by The servant:"

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well the song "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion definitely reminds me of the movie "Titanic". Also the song "Vindicated" reminds me of "Spiderman 2".

9. emmashopping

emmashoppingMember

Threads:
    Same here when i listen "my heart will go on" song then i remember "TItanic" Movie. Titanic movie is one os mine favorite movie ever.