What Sport (if any) Do You Play?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by kingusama92 • Apr 26, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    I see a lot of comments on here about gym memberships and working out at home. These are obviously wonderful things to be focusing on, but they are not the only source for getting healthy.

What about playing organized sports at a club level?

Do any of you play sports in your city? If not for a club, what about with your friends? A pick up game of basketball, hockey, football can do wonders for your fitness levels.

2. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I go to the gym as the main workout, but some days I organize a plan to shoot some baskets or mountain bike. These activities are different from the gym, but I have to say that they are effective to keep fit.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I used to play tennis before but I stopped after school became a huge burden. I loved it! Every Saturday and Sunday morning I'd go practice and the classes were really fun. The teacher was nuts but he taught me a lot.

Right now I'm not playing any sports, although I would like swimming.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I used to play tennis before but I stopped after school became a huge burden. I loved it! Every Saturday and Sunday morning I'd go practice and the classes were really fun. The teacher was nuts but he taught me a lot.

Right now I'm not playing any sports, although I would like swimming.

5. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I workout at home on my treadmill (That I got used for an extremely cheap price) and I play Lacrosse at my school. Lacrosse is an extremely expensive sport to play considering there is a lot of equipment and sticks tend to be expensive but I love every minute of playing the sport!

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tennis is my game. I love it. I haven't played in awhile. I had a killer two handed forehand. I'm a lefty and my first instructor tried to get me to use a two handed backhand, but my it wasn't for me. I need a new racket. I have played since I was a kid. I also loved to watch it on television. I watched every major tournament shown on television.

7. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Tennis is indeed a remarkable cardio sport.

Once you are in a competitive match, it gets you sweating like crazy. Running all over the court can take a lot out of you. Best part about playing a sport like this is at least it's fun.

I also have noticed that my fitness levels are truly tested while participating in a sport. You tend to extend yourself while playing a sport, something you can't do on the treadmill. One of the main advantages of playing a sport.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite sport to play would be tennis, by far. I am a huge fan. I mean: huge. And enjoy playing it too. However, now, I can only really get partners for squash so for now, it is squash.

I hope to return to tennis though (soon).

9. Benleem

BenleemNew Member

Threads:
    I learned Taekwondo in campus and that really transformed me. I used to wake up early in the morning and get into a serious road work and cool off with some katas. A couple of years later I'm not that active in the game but I usually engage in serious road work and stretch exercises.

10. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I swim! Does that count? I used to train like I was going to the Olympics as a kid, and still use it as a way to stay in shape. I've thought of joining an adult league. I also play tennis, but I do not have anyone to play with at the moment.

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I play tennis on the weekends with my friends in a sports club. I know I'm far from becoming the next candidate for a US Open but it's so much fun knowing that I'm actually losing weight and staying fit doing it. Any sports activity is awesome to maintain a great shape.

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's really great to see so many tennis fans here. It really is a great exercise. At one point, I thought tennis might be dying out, but from the responses on this thread, it's not.

13. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really athletic but I love playing Billiards, Table Tennis,Tae Kwon Do, Swimming, and basketball. I also go skiing a lot but it's really a lot of trouble with all the packing and setting up, then when you get to the mountain setting all the gear up and buying tickets.

14. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    I play soccer whenever I am free to play with my friends. Also that's because I am a fan of soccer and always watch matches on the nights whenever they are showing. Are there any soccer fans here too?

15. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I play a lot of basketball. I am a varsity of my college and we practice 3-4 times a week. I guess that's the reason why I never had a problem about my fitness and endurance. lately I've been trying to add weights just to be a little more heavier and stronger because I am really skinny. I also play some football during the weekends. Pretty ironic because I am a basketball player but majority of my friends are footballers. :D

16. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I play golf a couple of times a week. It's a great way to get outside and get some fresh air and exercise. It's also a great way to get frustrated and mad. Just kidding. I have a great time golfing and never let it get to me. You take the good and you take the bad.

17. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I play tennis and basketball, though Tennis is my favorite by far. I also seem to find my self watching a lot of tennis on tv and on the Internet. I just love the game!

18. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    My favorite sport that I like to play would have to be football. I know that's one sport that will give you plenty of exercise. I love to watch football as well, but nothing compares to taking part in the sport. That's one sport that I know of where you can have fun all day and still get plenty of exercise. That's why it's my favorite sport to play. :D

19. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    I get what you are saying about playing sports for activity and to stay healthy, but I work out to perform better at the sports I play. As a goalie for a few ice hockey teams I find that without doing plyometrics or other agility workouts I am far worse in net. I can't react as quickly or t-push/butterfly slide as far as I would like too.

Games like basketball/soccer I could see though as a better option for cardio as opposed to just running though.

20. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    The only sport I'm really able to play is badminton - and I dare say I'm quite good at it. Other than that, I've played a bit of soccer, but I'm not exactly good. I can't play games like volleyball and basketball because I'm actually afraid of a ball getting hurled at my face.