What store would you like to see in your area?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by brutal37138 • Dec 13, 2013.

1. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I would love to have a Target in my hometown. Since it is a small community and Wal-Mart pretty much has it sowed up, that will probably never happen. A neighboring town, which is larger, probably has a better chance. What type of store would you like to see in your local area, that is not there now? What are the chances it will happen in the future, in your opinion?

2. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We already have every store in our area. We have Walmart, Kmart, Target, Sears, JC Penny, Whole Foods, Kroger, Harris Teeter and it just continues. I don't think we need anymore stores at the moment.

3. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    There's a store in my home state called Meijer, and it's the best store ever. I like Target and all, but I still feel this loyalty to Meijer and wish it was here. Not to mention, I have a Meijer discount card on my keyring that I never get to use!

We have this here, but I wish we had it in my hometown: H&M. So affordable and much more fashionable than what they offer in their mall currently.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish we have the main Sony store that can cater to repairs, since even if we do have a Sony store near my area, it's only a retail store and you can't take your phone there to be repaired.

5. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    I'd really like to see a Barnes & Nobles near me. Actually I don't even think there are any of those in my entire city....

6. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Ah, Meijer's, somewhat obscure. I know of one in the midwest, but if I'm not mistaken that is mostly where they are located. They are nice stores with an interesting variety of products. They're like a Wal-Mart Supercenter, but they don't make you feel like you're selling your soul while shopping with them.

H&M is a great brand as well, again, they have very few locations. They just recently opened up a store in Nashville, TN and they we're absolutely thrilled to have them!

7. momma2_4bratz

momma2_4bratzNew Member

Threads:
    Gosh there are a bunch of stores I would love to have in my area but here is a list of a few. I would love to have a toys r us and babies r us especially around birthdays and holidays. Another woulld be a vaping supply store and a pink spot vapors store. Currently there are no vape stores any where near my area and pretty sure there are none even in my state. My uncle lives in Florida and he was telling me that the stores that sell eliquid and ecigs actually have a vaping bar where customers can go and just chill out and vape. They can sample flavors of eliquid and different vaping devices befoorethey buy them which is awesome becaue you just don't know if you are going to line a device until you try it and even more so with the eliquid flavors. I have wasted tons of money on eliqud that sounded like it would taste good but when it got here and I actually tried it they were aweful. I also would like to try eating at Sonic, I see commercials for Sonic all the time and some of the commercials make me want to hunt down a sonic and try what ever the commercial was about. I guess that is Maine for you though. I would also like to have a couple theme parks in my state that are closer, it sucks having to drive out of state to take the kids on a fun trip to a theme park. I could probably go on and on so I think I will stop there.

8. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    You summed up Meijer's perfectly, lol. I'm a native Michigander, so Meijer's was our go-to store for just about everything growing up. And while my hometown does have Wal-mart Supercenters, it just doesn't feel the same as going to Meijer's for me.

9. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    I live in Orlando, Fl. Any store that has been invented, is here. There are so many of everything everywhere You look. However, I would love for the Disney store to open up closer to my area. I am over 30 miles away from their park.

At one time, they had a store in all the malls, and quietly, they disappeared. I enjoyed the variety of clothing, toys, gadgets, and stuffed animals. Each year, they had a different theme for their characters. I use to look forward to visiting the store at Christmas and birthdays.

10. XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXxNew Member

Threads:
    I would love to have a "Goodwill" in the town I live in, then again there's a similar type of thrift store here called "St Vincent De Paul" and they don't have much as it is, I think since the town I live in is so small as it is I don't think a "Goodwill" would last here. That is why I love bigger towns/cities better, they seem to have more stores etc, I love "Goodwill" though because their stuff is so cheap.

11. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I need a quick meal from time to time since I'm the only left at home during weekdays. I have to drive my kid to his school and then back to home to do my internet hobby. it might be great to have seven eleven nearby so i can just drive though while going home or maybe I can just eat while driving.

12. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Being that I live in a very small town I have to drive about 45 min to certain stores. I would love for our area to have an Walmart,CVS,Walgreen, and McDonald's. These stores I think are needed in all areas. You can find the best deals in these stores. In my area we are so overcrowded with Dollar stores and Chicken Places til it becomes tiresome just to go to theses places unless you take that 45 min drive. Would love to see the listed stores in my area.

13. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    When my kids where growing up, the closest Mcdonalds, in the town we lived in, was over 30 minutes away. A year later, the town incorporated, became a city, and MCdonalds opened a few blocks away with a playground. I was in Heaven, not because I liked their food, but because I could take the kids, let them play, and enjoy some peace and quiet.

Shortly after, Burger King Opened it s doors, so did Walgreens, and Walmart.

14. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to see a Costco open up in my area. I am getting my wish soon because I recently heard that a Costco will be built in my area soon. I was really glad to hear about that. I have never shopped at a Costco, but I have heard good things. I like to buy things in bulk.

Another store that I wish would open up in my area is Sirens, which is a clothing store. Other than those two, I can't think of any others.

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are no lack of stores in my city. We have just about everything. I would love to have more bookstores though. Three bookstores have closed in my area within the past two years. I love bookstores, but there are becoming relics.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish there was a closer Dollar Tree and a closer Aldi. The Aldi is ridiculously far away and the Dollar Tree is just far enough away to be inconvenient. I also wish we had a closer IKEA. I envy people that live near an IKEA.

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just recently got a target put in my town and its great! Never thought i'd see a target in my small town but it happened! Even got a chucky cheese now. But I am hoping to see a new clothing store like factory connection or something. I want a cheap clothing store like the ones I had in texas but am not sure if that will ever happen!

18. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    The top three stores I would like to see are trader Joe's, Apple, and h&m

19. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to have a Ma & Pa organic food grocery by me. I would be there every friggen morning. Sadly, I'm about 3 miles from a food desert area so I think just getting any stores in that area would be a great idea. You'd be surprised how little an alderman gives a damn about what you have to say when you are not a voter in their area.

20. yambfas

yambfasMember

Threads:
    I live in an area with a lot of stores, so I really can't complain. But....I would love to have a Wegman's grocery store. They are amazing - I've even e-mailed them to see if they would be moving further south, but they didn't have any plans to. I would also like to have an H+M closer to me. We have one in a mall that's about 35-40 minutes away, but I rarely go over there, since we have plenty of stores/malls closer to me.