What Stuff From Around The House Does Your Baby Play With?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by lucyarty • Jan 18, 2015.

1. lucyarty

lucyartyMember

Threads:
    I've found that a really cheap way of acquiring baby toys is... don't buy them, just give them (safe!) things from around The House instead :D My 11 month old enjoys waving the plastic spatula around, shaking bags of pasta, hitting a saucepan with a wooden spoon, and taking things in and out of the laundry basket. We do still have some toys, and he enjoys something loud with flashy lights as much as the next baby, but we don't have a huge number.

Anyone else discovered any interesting 'toys' around the house?

2. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Empty boxes, that's what mine seem to play with :D. They like getting in and out of them or putting things in them. You pay a fortune for toys, yet they play with things that don't cost much.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter had all the baby toys and still preferred to drum on things with wooden spoons and spatulas. Go figure.
    My dog has dog toys and prefers to play with one particular blanket. I don't know why I bother.

4. MLNewkirk

MLNewkirkNew Member

Threads:
    My son is also 11 months old and one of his favorite things are his empty diaper boxes. He absolutely loves riding in them. I tie a string at one end and pull him around the house. I'm actually thinking of making a train out of them. He also likes to play with measuring cups and tupperware, usually when I'm working in the kitchen. A lot of the time it's just me and him at home so when I cook, he is my little helper in the kitchen.

5. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    My little boy collects kitchen roll tubes. He has about 12 which he lines up end to end and uses as a long tunnel for his die cast cars. When he was younger he loved empty tubs turned upside down for him to drum on too.

6. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    My daughter absolutely loved to play with the metal dog bowls! She would bang the two against each other and squeal, at the sounds. If i gave her a spoon, or other utensil, she would bang against the dog bowl with that. It is really interesting to watch them have so much fun with random and sometimes very simple things found around the house!