What To Buy A Girlfriend

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by tasha • May 5, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    surprising your girlfriend at anytime is a good idea and this can be done by buying her flowers. there is a way to do it online with netflorist. you can buy online and they send it out what an amazing way to get a gift to your girlfriend and it takes no effort at all!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Isn't it even more romantic when the flowers are personally delivered? But I suppose it doesn't matter. It's the thought that counts after all and if buying flowers on netflorist then why not get them there. That said, I've never tried buying flowers online but might give it a thought next Valentines.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As a girl myself, having spoken to other girls about gifts from partners, flowers are sort of outdated now. I mean they are sort of the generic thing to get women now, with no thought put into it. It is kind of boring. I mean, i am sure there are some women out there who still enjoy receiving flowers. But I like anything other than flowers at this point lol.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Isn't that only a good idea if she likes flowers and isn't allergic? Personally I loathe flowers and see it as impersonal and a cop out to buying something more personal and suitable.

I do think you should treat people as individuals, and know them and buy something they would appreciate.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally agree; flowers would be a good idea for someone who actually likes them and isn't allergic to them. I personally like flowers and like receiving them, especially from my husband. Each time he gets me some, he delivers them personally. The couple of times that he had them delivered to my work place, I was very pleasantly surprised too because it was out of the blue. The only thing I sometimes don't like about that is when people crowd around and fuss, when I would like nothing more than to be left alone to bask in the significance of the gift and the beauty of the flowers LOL But then of course, you can't very well tell people to back off, can you?

6. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    If I were a guy, I'll just buy her food or sweets like chocolates. I think there are also services that offer candy bouquets that are quite an alternative to blooms that will eventually wither. Now if she likes gardening, I'll get her potted plants and potted flowers that she can take care of. It would depend on what she actually likes and what she needs at the moment.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    My thoughts exactly. People watch too many movies, and have allowed themselves to be bought by Hollywood, and the last however long of TV shows. As a result, most men just assume that flowers are good for birthdays, apologies, and whatever else. But you can't do anything with a bunch of flowers. They look pretty and that is it, and that is only if the right ones are chosen. I would much rather eat something for a gift, or receive something that I could actually use.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love flowers and the spur of the moment ones are the best for they are so unexpected! I love getting gifts as well as giving gifts. Flower's are one of my best gifts to receive with something aside of the vase to remember the flowers by like a little stuff animal too so you can treasure it forever!

9. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have always been told that something tangible and useful was a must, so nothing like any of that new age stuff. Looks like everyone else has caught on to the whole food or candy or chocolates, and that is what I always go to and it seems to work. No complaints yet, at least none that I am aware of.

10. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    it is much more romantic when they are delivered in person but for those guys who are never able to do that, then this is a good idea. for guys that have the savvy to hand deliver the flowers or a surprise kiss then good for you!

11. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I love flowers and a romantic gesture which is something rare these days as romance is about doing something cute and flowers are beautiful. I got an orchid from a guy thought it was weird at the time but it is such a beautiful plant and although we broke up I did love the plant and thought it great that he took the time to get something unique and beautiful. it doesn't matter if its cliché or like the movies, women love romance and that is fantastic!

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think flowers are still a great gift and I also like having flowers at home to brighten up the room. I think it's not as common or sought after as it used to be but it still has its fans like me. I think the best gifts are ones you make yourself though so if it were me I'd just try and find something in that line instead. Whether it's a nice arts and crafts project that can serve as a reminder or souvenir or even just a meal you prepared and worked hard for on your own I think those gifts tend to have the most value because they make for great memories.

13. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I know that you say "it takes no effort at all" but I don't think there's very much romance in anything that doesn't take any effort, if I'm being honest with you. Gifts should be about more than just one click of a mouse and then sending the item away. They should mean more, and be about what you mean to each other, rather than just trying to do something that you don't have to put a lot of effort into.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    I feel like chocolates and candy are extremely cliche too. But they still have a bigger place in my heart than flowers. A lot of women would not dare complain for fear of coming across as one of those 'difficult' girls, or as ungrateful. But a lot of the time there will be resentment over the fact that your lover does not know you well enough to get you something you would want or use. A lot of girls like for you to make things for them, and you end up saving money that way too.

#14May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depending on the girl, some girls are still thrilled to receive flowers, so that is quite a good idea. My mom, for example, likes to receive flowers even if she has been married for many years already, so this option suits her well.

16. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I like receiving flowers, they're a good gift for any occasion. However, they can kind of be cliche so it's a good idea to give them along with another gift. Jewelry and chocolates are nice too, but if those are too generic then it would be nice to get something that relates to the intended girl's interests or hobbies.