What to look for in a laptop

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by mikelouis • Mar 4, 2014.

1. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure you people love new computers and would like to move ahead with technology as soon as it is released. What do you look for in a laptop before you buy? Personally I love to check the processor type, memory, hard disk size and graphics card because gaming is my thing

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I admittedly don't really know that much about computers, so whenever I shop for new gadgets, I usually just base my decision on the RAM for the most part. My reasoning behind this is that the standard for all the parts are already relatively high and set already, so I don't concern myself with them anymore and trust that I'll most likely be getting a good combination with most choices as long as they are of a good brand. The next thing I watch out for is the design and the screen quality, since I'll presumably be staring at the screen for long periods of time and I'd want my experience to be a pleasant one.

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Processor is the most important thing for me. The next thing would be ram. If i can get a 8gb or more then i am happy. I need lots of ram and then i look at a graphics card. I think once i have those major issues sorted, then i really am pretty much cool with the rest. I just then need something sleek and has a good battery.

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    The most important thing to look for in a computer is a warranty. If you buy a newer computer the internal specs, and software are going to be good regardless. Unless you are looking for a computer for a specific reason, like gaming. Specs don't necessarily matter.A gaming computer would need a lot of Ram, and a dual processor. The average consumer doesnt need all of that. What you need is a good warranty.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Same for me. Gaming is not THAT important and I wouldn't recommend a laptop for gaming anyway, but if I'm going to get a new one then yes, I'm going to make sure it can run the games I want to play.

Currently I'm using a laptop which is almost 3 years old. Still plays most modern games (on low settings though) since I made the right choise back in the day.

6. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    It all depends on what you want to use the laptop for. For simple web browsing and office work you don't need a really powerful computer. If you are going to be gaming or multi-media editing then you need to look for a good graphics card and fast CPU. Intels 5th gen and 7th gen are great and a popular choice right now for all types of work.

7. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I don't use my laptop for gaming so I look more at the price of a product rather than gaming capabilities. I use my laptop to browse the internet, maybe use Photoshop or edit videos, anything heavier and I use my desktop. I also make sure it has gotten good reviews and is a decent computer overall, but price is the most important aspect for me.

8. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Battery life is a high priority of mine. I'm not as concerned about specs as it won't be my main computer. Being lightweight is also advantageous. Having said that though I am still looking for a decent amount of power, enough to play certain games and stream HD media.