What to pair with pink plaid skirt

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 10, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a pink plaid pencil skirt at the thrift store the other day. It was really cheap, and it fits me well. I am wondering what top I can wear though because I want to wear it to work. I don't have a picture but the other colors aside from the pink are white and blue.

It looks like this though this one is from the Internet:

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about a black long-sleeved shirt (knitted, woolen or ordinary cotton) with a denim sleeveless bolero? I hope you can more or less imagine the style I was suggesting because that's the only color I know aside from white that would fit nicely with your pink plaid skirt. You can match it with a pair of high-cut dark boots if you want. And because black or white may seem to plain, a silver necklace may also be in order.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the suggestion! :) I will need to look for a new long-sleeved shirt though. Now that I thought about it, I think that my closet needs some serious overhaul!

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I would go for a cream colored top. Any fairly fitted style should be fine as it will balance this skirt, which looks fairly narrow. You could go long or short sleeves. If you wear long sleeves you will probably want to wear tights or nylons or something so you don't have bare legs but covered arms.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It doesn't look too appropriate for work, in my opinion, but it does look good. I think it would go best with a light gray top, possibly a sweater or vest and you could just pair it with a white button up blouse underneath. A nice jacket would also go well with this, I think. Something along the lines of neutral colors, maybe brown or cream colors.

6. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I love it !! What a great find at a thrift store. Their my favorite places to shop. :) I find all kinds of things for me and my family. I always say, you just have to be there on the right day! :) I'm not sure where you live and if it's warm there or starting to get a little chilly but I would suggest a plain color top and then add a cute necklace with matching earrings. Another good idea would be to pair a plain top with a cute scarf!!

Would look great!! Hope this helped a bit!!

Danyel :)