What type of pasta dish do you like the most?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sidney • Sep 22, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like carbonara that much, and my favorite pasta dish would have to be lasagna and spaghetti. Macaroni is alright for me too, whether it's macaroni salad or in tomato sauce. How about you? What is your favorite pasta dish?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I am a MASSIVE fan of tuna pasta, it is my favourite meal and I have it twice a week now as a treat. :)

3. fishbowl

fishbowlNew Member

Threads:
    Macaroni and cheese is a classic favorite, but only if it's dressed up. Lots of butter, lots of milk, and copious amounts of cheese. Throw in some meat, anything from hotdogs to barbecued chicken. Add in garlic, onion powder, and/or chili flakes, and it can't be beat.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Not just pasta dish in general, but overall food, Lasagna has to be one of my favorites.Spaghetti is also pretty good and i most of the time eat it with anything else i have in the fridge.

5. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I love pasta and ravioli, but I like to make up a macaroni salad (or shells or whatever) with mayo, onions, celery, parsley since it is a good snack and it is easily kept on hand (and you don't have to warm it up!)

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like creamy pasta, like fettuccine alfredo. I also like macaroni and cheese. I guess I pretty much like any pasta that has a cream sauce or a cheese sauce.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to eat quite a lot of pasta but I stopped eating it once I discovered that wheat is one of the worst foods you can eat.

I haven't eaten pasta for a long time but my favourite types were meatballs with spaghetti and I also liked baked pasta.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ditto.. done with pasta. Pretty much lol. definitely never pasta with wheat flours in it though, so if I ever get that craving, I just make it myself with gluten free flours I have on hand. I actually prefer it to the wheat pastas I used to make. Either way, it's rare I eat it now at all. Heavy foods are heavy foods.

9. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I usually eat red sauce on pasta, not white sauce. I'll cook anything from angel hair pasta to ziti to elbows. I usually chop up some celery and throw it in the sauce for an added crunch. When I was younger I was all about chicken cacciatore. Nowadays I'm partial towards adding peppers to my sauce. I'll put them right on top of the sauce and macaroni.

10. byersals

byersalsNew Member

Threads:
    I love pretty much any pasta dish, but being lactose intolerant, that does rule out the creamy dishes. I make a mean baked spaghetti with spinach and sausage.

11. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    I am a seasonal eater meaning when I am into one food,then I eat it almost everyday. I was into Spaghetti for months. I don't like any types of noodles that are thick so I am not a fan of lasagna.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I googled a bit, and I never knew that there's such a thing called "Wheat Belly". But I think that completely eliminating wheat from your diet is not necessary. You can still have wheat products like once a month, and it won't affect your body that much.

13. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    Yes, wheat belly is real. Wheat is addictive. You are better off when you eat no wheat at all. You can have breads made out of almond dough/flour. There is actually a popular book that was written a few years ago called Wheat Belly which describes the problems that come along with eating wheat and other carbohydrates, pasta included.

14. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Pasta and meatball with a red sauce has always been my favourite. I think I might even cook it later for dinner :)

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well that depends, you should certainly cut it out completely if you are gluten intolerant or sensitive to gluten. Many people are and the ydon't even know it, they just become accustomed to the bloating etc and think it is a normal part of life. Once they remove wheat from their diet they realise how bad it makes them feel.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You should keep googling then, because it causes more than wheat belly for many people (I'm not just talking about the gluten intolerant either. Personally, once i cut out the wheat, my psoriasis cleared up and I've had that almost my whole life. It's linked to many autoimmune issues etc.. it's hard to cut out, but way worth it. Same with Dairy.. absolutely revolting stuff)

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm going have to check this out! I discovered on my own that when I stopped eating so much pasta and bread, my stomach flatten out. So I gave up bread and pasta. It's been hard as heck especially since I like to eat on the go.

My favorite was 4 cheese or cheese and spinach ravioli. I do miss it. I may treat myself to a small dish once every six months but that's it.

18. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    Even though it's horrible for you, I would have to say an alfredo. something about the rich creaminess of the sauce just tastes so good to me. :D

19. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well done for giving up wheat. Wheat often causes bloating and people become accustomed to the bloated feeling, they think it's normal. When they cut out the grains, especially wheat, they realise how bloated they were. Wheat also makes you fat, it causes insulin to rocket and it is easily converted to fat, triglycerides!

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cheese was by far the hardest part for me, wheat a very very close second.. both pretty much cover the best part of eating lol. There are some really great substitutes though if you know how to find them. I don't miss wheat pasta anymore at all and I found a new fave cheese that i could probably work out a ravioli recipe with. It's like learning to breathe all over again lol, but for health and weight, a very VERY beneficial step.