What used sporting gears are worth buying?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Athenagdlyt • May 19, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I visit thrift shops often and I regularly see a lot of sporting gear that come with the shipment of used products such as garments and house ware. Knowing that sporting goods are used for vigorous activities, would you still consider buying used gear? For those who have tried buying such items, what particular brands and products are still worth buying even in used form? Any tips?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't. I would if the used gear that I am buying is from the someone I know. But I wouldn't buy in a local shop of used sporting gears. First, I am not sure how long it's still going to last. I might not get the chance to know its history, why its previous owner sold it. I would rather buy the new one, even if it were more expensive, at least I am sure of its durability and it still holds warranty.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that one of the used sporting gears most worth buying are tennis rackets. Some are as good as new because some people have a lot of money and as soon as a new model comes out they leave the old one behind. Also, some people don't adjust to the racket and have indeed the need for a new one. So there a huge used market for this, a quality one.

4. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    If you're ever going to buy weight plates or dumbbells, I highly recommend that you DON'T buy from Ebay. Every single item listed is either overpriced, has extremely expensive shipping, or both. If there is a Dick's Sporting Goods store near you, you will have access to plates and dumbbells that are the same price of its weight. For example, a 45 lb. dumbbell will cost $45 plus tax. If you really wanted to order online, you can still do this through their website, and they'll ship it to the store free. All you'd have to do is pick it up. I definitely recommend doing this instead, as it can save a lot of money and hassle.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Thrift shops get a lot of practically new exercise equipment. As long as you can check it out in the store, it is often a good deal. Children's equipment is also a great thing to buy at thrift stores (or sports swaps if you have them). More specialized equipment is something to be wary of. If you are not sure what you should be looking for, it is sometimes safer to buy new equipment. I can get a great deal on a new bike at the police bike auction because I know what I am looking for but a lot of people pay a lot extra for bright and shiny without regard to quality.

If an item could have hidden damage from wear and tear, I would suggest avoiding it.