What video game captured your imagination the most?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Aug 29, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    video games have come a long way since the days of pong. They became more visually stunning and creative. Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Zelda, Halo and countless other games have provided gamers with such beautiful and exhilarating experiences. However, the games that have captured my imagination the most are Shadow of the Colossus and Okami. They were so beautiful that it was a joy to play. What game captured yours?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have gotten away from gaming lately but for me I would have to say it was the Final Fantasy series. The first one I ever played was FF8 and for a PS1 game, the CG scenes were amazing. I then played FF9 & FF10 and again the graphics were amazing. Then I went back and played FF7 which in it's day would have been absolutely incredible but by the time I played it, it seemed outdated but still a great game and story line. I have played some of the newer ones but never made it all the way to the end of them. FF8 was the only one I did at 100% with full stats all around so I would say that would be the one game that captured my imagination the most.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Final Fantasy VIII? Cool! I also remember playing that in high school! It was one of my favorite RPG games during the day. I agree that it had a great graphics and even better cinematics for its era. And I had a huge crush on Rinoa and Quistis and I always tried to imitate how Squall looked! Lol.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't game too often anymore, but as far as capturing imagination I loved Assassin's creed and Alice: Madness. Both with an interesting story, absolutely incredible graphics...really enjoyed them.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've gotten wrapped up in a lot of games, Ico, Kingdom Hearts, Prince of Persia the Sands of Time.
    Games nowadays are so beautiful and realistic that it's easy to get lost in them. It's not like the 80's where games were just pixels and polyphonic music.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing wrong with Pong! lol..

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    That's hard for me to say - Alice: The Madness Starts is interesting because of the darkness, the Bioshock series is interesting because of the themes underlying it, etc. I really just like games that allow me to explore and such so my imagination tends to be caught more often than not.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really that captivated with visuals, but the commercials and radio dj's in GTA games have captured my attention because they're so witty and hilarious, I wonder what it would be like if similar commercials and radio jocks that are exactly like that existed in real life.

9. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I am pretty imaginative when I was younger imitating and having dialogues with myself when I am playing alone.
    So, probably the games I played with the Nintendo Family Computer.

But as of lately, Prototype did seem to have made me amazed and imagine things that should have been included in the game.
    For custom creativity, 2k13 was the one when I am creating my own player with a lot of wrist bands and other stuff. A point guard 7 foot tall! :)

10. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know what you mean with capturing my imagination, but i guess that Grand Theft Auto San Andreas got me pretty immersed into it, really fun back then, and i guess that Dark Souls also was a nice experience when it came out.

11. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    It would be Diablo. I was addicted to the game before and I always thought it would be fun to have all the magical items there. I also wondered how big the bosses were compared to humans if they were present in real life and how difficult it would really be to survive.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't play many games but I like the graphics on call of duty I think they are pretty cool.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    There are probably lots that I just can't remember right now, but one that sticks out of recent memory is Castlevania: SotN. I never got to play it when it came out because I never had a PS1, but I was able to play it just last year and I remember having a hard time putting it down. I rarely get excited enough to play a game anymore that I would be jonesing to grab the controller first thing in the morning until I've finished the whole game, and this certainly was one of those games for me. Really surprising too, considering by the time I played it, the PS3 was already winding down, and it still definitely held up and aged well. In fact, I'd choose it over most current games, if given the choice.