What vitamins do you take for winter?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Oct 12, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always try to take extra vitamins, in the morning and then sometimes after lunch if I feel a bit rundown. That's when I catch colds, when I'm run down and the immune system is weak.

I prefer the sachets for vitamin c and mix it with water and have that instead of coffee and I like the fizzy tablets, usually a multi-vitamin at lunch time with a fruit juice.

What do you take and how often? As a child I had the chewy sweets which got us to eat them then and if they didn't have gelatine in I would still have them now!

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Even though it is not winter yet, I still take vitamins every day. I take multivitamins - One-A-Day for Women. I can't take Vitamin C pills because they make my stomach hurt.

3. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    Well, for winter, the most important vitamin to get is vitamin D. Many people are deficient even if they live somewhere that gets a lot of sun. Though it is still pretty much summer here, and I go out in the sun for 20 minutes every day, I just found out I am severely vitamin D deficient. I will have to be on a high dose for a long time. But, in general, it makes sense to take more vitamin D in the winter and less or none in the summer.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could find a vitamin that I wasn't allergic to like I use to be able to do. It seems like a lot of the vitamins on the market now, really effect me negatively I don't know what kind of crap they are putting in them but whatever it is, I'm staying away from them. And this is even the so called natural and more organic ones. I just opt to put some organic vegetables in the blender to get a balance of nutrients and vitamins that I need. At least I know what's going into my body.