What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jrh2 • Apr 17, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    What was the last film you watched and what did you think of it?

The last film I watched was Frozen and it has become one of my favourite films, I have always liked to watch Disney films but until Frozen I hadn't found one I liked so much I didn't mind rewatching it again and again. I enjoyed watching the film as it has a great story and Olaf the snowman is cute and funny. I was a little surprised at the songs in it but they are very catchy and I think they are brilliant in the film.

2. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    Interesting you mentioned Disney, since night before last, I watched The Return of the Man From Snowy River, and realized Disney did that one. I have watched it many times since 1982 (I think that was the year it came out). I totally love that movie, the scenery is spectacular, and the horseman were amazing, not to mention the horses themselves. I mean I don't know how much was special effects, but much of it you can tell, is for real.

The newer movie I have watched recently, and truly liked, was the true story, or based on, Captain Phillips. I couldn't get over how that crew of the Alabama (Maersk?) had nothing to fight with, no guns etc. I did not ever think about how our vessels, like that ship, don't have any protection other than our military. And when they are out there, it is not usually a quick response time to their distress signal. This movie tells of "modern day" pirates. The ship was delivering food to a 3rd world country from the the U.S.

I recommend watching it, Tom Hanks play Captain Phillips, and I can't say enough about his acting.

Thanks for the thread, I love talking about movies:)

3. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Erm...I think it was the new Robocop reboot. Was...well, it was alright I suppose. Not great really, but not as bad as I expected it to be really. Think I'll go and watch the originals in a bit though. They're probably going to release a second one, which might be better.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The last movie that I watched was the 2006 Local Color. It starred Armin Mueller-Stahl, Ray Liotta and Trevor Morgan. The acting and the actors were great. It was not an action- or a fun-filled movie. It was not exciting. Nevertheless never was a dull segment. It was very insightful, not among the films I felt I have wasted time watching. I won't spoil further, but I learned something new on the art and the artists, paintings and painters particularly, I think I would never be able to if I did not watch this.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last movie I watched was Mr. Peabody and Sherman. I thought it was going to be boring but it had enough adventure to keep me entertained. I need a Mr. Peabody in my life heh.

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I went to the movies recently with family and saw Frankie and Alice. It starred Halle Berry and other familiar screen names but it was the story that was intriguing.

This was about a woman dealing with a mental issue called multiple personality disorder. It was set in the 1970s and Ms Berry's character worked as a stripper. However, it is a bizarre chain of events that lead her to a doctor who refuses to give up and eventually makes a breakthrough in treatment. Based on a true story.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Divergent!! OMG, I loved it so much!!! I read the books, so I know I love the story, and without being to rigid on the movie not being exactly like the book, the movie is pretty amazing! I fee like watching it again, that's how much I loved it! And my friend who didn't read the book loved it just as much, so I highly recommend watching even without reading the books.

8. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    The last movie I watched was epic which is again a disney movie like the ones mentioned above. It was really an awesome movie and one of my favorite disney movies. I like watching animated movies because they are entertaining as well as they are meaningful.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw that a while ago through M-Go. I may have been watching it for Swagbucks but I really did enjoy it. I feel like these days most of the time Disney has been crappy with their animated films but this one reminded me why I used to love Disney. I do also feel like animated movies in general can be meaningful though.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was taken to the movies in the last two weeks by two of my grandson's to see "Spider Man 2", it was ok. A little long for my taste. I am a Marvel fan so we see all of the super hero movies when they come out. I even look at spider man saturday mornings cartoons. I understand the 3-D version makes you feel like you are flying thru the air with spider man.

11. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    It was either Captain America 2 (which was a CAM, oops) or Mr. Nobody. I think it might have been Captain America 2. Wow, that was such a good movie. It's funny, I like the Marvel movie trilogies that focus on one character (The Captain America movies, the Iron Man movies, the Spider-Man movies all come to mind) but I never liked the Avengers movie. Which is weird. I mean, I honest to goodness fell asleep during it! I had to turn it off and go to bed; I've still never seen the end.

Mr. Nobody is just confusing. I watched the thing completely with my Dad's Girlfriend, and the entire time we just kept saying 'What the h*ll is going on?!". I like a mind frack movie just like anyone else does (Think Inception) but Mr. Nobody is way too much of a mind frack for me. :confused:

12. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    Last movie I saw was The Prestige from Christopher Nolan. It's about two rival illusionists, who try to one-up each other. Like most Nolan's movies this one too has complicated storyline and the ending sort of lets viewers keep on guessing what exactly happened.

13. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    Last movie I saw was the Amazing Spider-Man 2. A lot of people might disagree but I love the Amazing Spider-Man movies way more than the original Spider-Man trilogy. My wife didn't really like the movie because it kind of had a downer ending, but being an old comic book fan I kind of saw that ending coming. I can't wait to see the new Godzilla movie. I have been waiting 16 years for that one.

14. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad that you liked Frozen, I agree, it was such a great movie! :D I now own it, hehe. :)

The last film that I saw in the theatres was the Lego Movie. I really enjoyed the movie itself, but sadly there was a child behind me who knew every single part of the movie and the child kept screaming out what was going to happen next. The element of surprise was just ruined. I don't understand why the parents of the child had said nothing though. Oh my gosh!

15. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie I watched was Lone Survivor, and to be quite honest, It was the best movie I have ever seen so far! I am not exaggerating, I will never forget it. I recommend that the entire world watches it. Lone Survivor is based on a real event, in which, four Soldiers from America, were deployed in a foreign country to kill a terrorist. While there, their cover was blown and they had to do something about it. Sadly, the officer in charge, in my opinion, made the wrong choice, which ended up in a war against them, three of the four men were killed during the war and I am not sure if the fourth man really survived after he was taken back to America for treatment. This movie taught me that, in life, we sometimes have to make decisions without using emotions, and the decisions that we make without emotions being involved are sometimes the best decisions that we will ever make. This movie is the perfect depiction of war, love, mercy, gratefulness and courage.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The last movie I watched was Blade Runner. After years of being curious about what the fuss was all about, I finally got around to watching it, and I honestly didn't get it. The visuals were great and I did somewhat get the theme and plot but the story just kind of lost me midway and I had to keep myself interested in it by force just to see if it was going anywhere. I On my way! There are many different cuts of this movie though and I might have just seen the wrong one for me, so I'm probably going to try and rematch the other versions in the future.

17. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    Last movie I watched was Sharknado to see what all the fuss was about. It was hilariously bad and I feel it would be a great movie to watch with friends for a good laugh. Not sure about watching the second one though...maybe when I have some time to waste haha

18. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie I've watched is this sort of chick flick movie called 'Endless Love'. It was an okay movie for me. The movie starred Alex Pettyfer, the guy from I AM NUMBER FOUR movie. I'm not sure if a movie is a remake but it seems like it. The movie focused on teen love. How they fight for each other's love despite the curve balls life threw at them. It's not a very memorable movie and definitely not something i will watch again. Some scenes in the movie are just too cheesy for me, i don't like it very much.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last movie I watched was We Bought a Zoo. Not the most recent movie, but I watched it with my daughter, and she loved it. I had seen it before and cried over it, but she hadn't, so I'm glad she liked it.

20. elizabeta

elizabetaNew Member

Threads:
    I watched Need For Speed just last week and wow that "helicopter lifting up a Mustang from the edge of a cliff" scene was exhilirating. Not the best of racing movies but they definately went all flashy with the cars.