What Will Be Your Christmas Menu?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MyDigitalpoint • Dec 11, 2013.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Christmas is approaching at a fast pace and, personally, I have not planned yet my Christmas dinner because I would probably will be invited to join my Sister this year.

Otherwise I may consider cook some dishes to complement some other that I may buy in the last minute.

This situation make me wonder how many of you have already your Christmas menu set or, do you plan to buy dinner ready from some restaurant or a store like Walmart?

Perhaps you are already invited to a Christmas dinner and there won't be need to cook.

Would you mind to share with us your plans?

2. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    My christmas menu will consist of the usually christmas foods, that are very similar to thanksgiving. However it may change depending on who I will have over to eat at my house.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We're definitely having ham, and more than likely we will be having chicken along with it. I plan on making some au gratin potatoes (or maybe a homemade mac and cheese if I change my mind at the last minute). I was also considering making some baked apples as a side dish as well. The rest of the menu I am leaving up to everyone else in my household since I cooked the whole Thanksgiving dinner, I'm kind of backing off from doing the whole Christmas meal.

4. dickybird

dickybirdNew Member

Threads:
    I am flying home to spend Christmas with my family and I can't wait to have our Christmas dinner. Everyone will be pitching in, we will have all the usual things, Turkey, roast potatoes in goose fat, mash potatoes, yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets, all the veg and plenty of gravy!!! Last year I decided to make a non traditional dessert of home made lemon meringue pie, we have it fresh out of the oven with ice cream, my stomach is rumbling just thinking about it all!!!

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our Christmas menu is a mix of homemade food and store-bought food. As of now I really don't know what we are gonna have, but for sure there is pasta and chicken involved.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Our family always serves ham, broccoli, ceasar salad, and salmon casserole and barbecue pork among many other dishes that other family members bring to the table. I sometimes make potato salad to add to the menu, but I'm not always up for the task and some years I'm too busy during the holiday season to set aside time to buy groceries and prepare a dish. If I eventually found myself less busy during this time, I'd love to experiment and cook a little more to bring to the family reunion.

7. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have Christmas menu for now. Its probably just the usual though such as ham we do have our own culture which are sweet tropical desserts and roasted pig. though not healthy, my parents like a roasted pig biting a red apple on the table.

8. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I want to do a traditional meal or something else. I was thinking some fried chicken, green beans, mac n cheese, and mash potatoes and gravy. I say this because I went to Popeye's Chicken, and the food was bland and not as good as I wanted it to be that day. I felt I can do that meal so much better, that I thought to make it for Christmas.