What Will You Buy For Yourself On Christmas?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Nov 17, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never used to buy myself gifts on Christmas, mostly because I always got enough from my family but nowadays I don't get as much anymore and I myself have started to be more of the giver instead of the receiver so for the past few Christmases I've been buying myself one or two small items to reward myself on the year's effort and also to feel good after buying so much stuff for everyone else.

This year I'm hoping to buy a lot of things like a laptop, TV, or a new phone, but seeing as I'll be broke if I bought all of those I'd probably just have to settle on just one or possibly even none because they are all too expensive for me right now.

What are you guys going to be gifting yourselves this coming holiday?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I will probably get myself something for ballet. I'm not sure what yet as I don't know if I will be starting pointe that soon or not. If my teacher says I can start, I will probably be getting myself shoes, or new tights or some other accessory like that.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I already bought 2 phones this year, and I have been buying a lot of stuff that I really don't need lately, so I think I will not plan on buying anything this coming Christmas.. Until something catches my eye again and I happen to afford it, lol. I'm becoming more of an impulsive spender lately.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, lucky you (that is if you get to buy all those stuff you mentioned). I've been saving up for a very important project, which I plan to execute early next year. So I'm afraid aside from the usual books, clothes and food, I won't be able to buy anything much for myself this Christmas. Plane fares are so expensive. I need to book roundtrip tickets for a trip to a nearby Asian country. I'm still hoping to win the lottery, though.

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Around the Christmas season while I'm shopping for others, I also do like to ensure that I treat myself too. The feeling that comes along with it is so rewarding and encouraging. I'm going to aim to buy a few items for myself, namely some personal care products like cologne because I'm running really low on that and I'll also be shopping clothing. I have been keeping the Xbox One on my mind, but I'm not going to have even near that kind of money to drop at some retailer. Maybe I'll buy it some time next year.

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have no idea. I have never done this before. I guess it's because I would rather save the money to pay off debts than to spend it on something expensive or cheap that I will not use for a long time.

7. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I'm saving up for a few things I need for work. I'm into internet marketing and I have my eyes on a couple of software. Still thinking about purchasing a new laptop though I don't really need one at the moment.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking maybe of getting myself a new computer. I don't know if that would qualify as a gift since I was going to buy myself a new computer anyway but the earlier I buy it, I suppose it would give the feeling that at least I got something nice for myself as a Christmas gift. I don't expect to get many or any gifts at all this year so the computer might be the consolation . . .

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I do not buy much for myself. I have been there and done that. Now my focus is on organsing parties for the less priviledged and I get immense joy while planning for that event. This year it will be for seniors from an old age home.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't laugh but I already bought what I like for Christmas. It is 1 kilo of roasted chestnuts. We don't have chestnuts here and being imported, it only comes once a year during the Christmas season. So now I have already gifted myself and the rest of my money can be spent for more gifts to other people.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always bought myself something for Christmas ever since I learned about money and went to stores. I love getting myself Christmas presents. Lately though like most my Christmas presents is about what my budget will allow. I already got myself a pair of earrings, fruitcakes, gingerbread cookies (I went bakery hopping this year and found the best one I like, so next year, I know where to get my gingerbread cookies that I love best:p), candy canes for my Christmas coffee and maybe a purse that I've been eyeing at Walmart, that's the perfect size-could use a couple more zippered compartments and it's over the shoulder type that I prefer, but this purse is just a maybe for now. I enjoy gifting and I love when I find bargains that I love for myself. I found that Walmart has very good prices. Bakeries though expensive is so very delicious cookies and other baked goods that for Christmas and maybe for New Years I'll treat myself a bit. ;):p:) Merry Christmas all!

12. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't feel the vibe about Christmas and wouldn't go about spending lots of money just to feel along the celebrations. I would rather want to save those funds and invest it in productive things in the coming year.

13. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I don't buy anything for myself at Christmas because I get gifts from other people. I buy Christmas food and decorations for the tree but that's about it. If I get money at Christmas I might spend it on myself though. Usually it just goes into the housekeeping so I would rather have vouchers.

14. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I give first preference to my family needs especially my wife, What she wants for herself as a gift from me this Christmas. For my grandchildren, what they have lack? After that, it is now my turn to buy for myself, 2 pairs of slack pants for my Sunday clothes. That is what I want to gift myself this Christmas.